Phoenix Fitness Centre officially re-opened on Friday 27th January following improvement works to the studio, changing rooms, sports hall and the installation of a second state of the art gym. Furthermore, Better are pleased to unveil an enhanced main gym, featuring new equipment, which will for the first time be accessible to the local community from open to close.
Following a £275k investment from The London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham and in partnership with GLL, Phoenix Fitness Centre will strive to get even more people, more active, with new equipment and improved facilities as well as the enhanced access times at the Better Leisure Centre.
The 12 week programme of improvement works, which commenced in November 2016, includes:
- Brand new state of the art Technogym equipment and flooring installed in the Main Gym
- A second gym introduced and fitted with the latest equipment to cater for a range of targeted health and fitness programmes and initiatives
- Increasing public access to the Main Gym by an additional 27 hours a week
Improvement works to the facility also include:
- A purpose built studio installed with new air conditioning, flooring and state of the art AV sound systems
- Extensive improvement works to the changing facilities with brand new showers, flooring and benches fitted
- Extensive improvement works to the sports hall with enhanced flooring, as well as new lighting and line markings
- New lighting, flooring and decoration to the corridors and access points in the facility
Committed to getting more people of all ages and abilities active, Gareth Spencer, the General Manager at Phoenix Fitness Centre said: ““I am absolutely delighted with the refurbishment. It’s set to really improve the customer experience for members and users of the facility.”
“We’re also fully committed to attracting new users with our improved facilities and extended access times. Our aim is to continue to promote and encourage the local community to take part in sport and physical activity. Phoenix Fitness Centre is already a popular venue and we hope these improvements will boost that.”
The well utilised centre in White City also offers a 25 metre community swimming pool and teaching pool, which provides ASA swimming lessons and a range of public swimming options. The new health and fitness provision via the main gym will be open alongside the swimming pools from 7am to 9.30pm Monday to Friday, from 8.30am until 5pm on Saturdays and 8.30am until 6pm on Sundays.
Phoenix Fitness Centre have a range of membership options, from concessional and pay and play rates to great value for money monthly memberships, which include gym access, swimming and fitness classes for just £22.95 per month. With new facilities, equipment and classes available following the refurbishment, there’s never been a better time to visit Phoenix Fitness Centre.
For more information on the Phoenix Fitness Centre, please visit www.better.org.uk/Phoenix