Here at Better, we are constantly striving to provide our members with excellent equipment and technology, so that you can get the most out of your workout. So we are very excited to announce that a composition and activity tracking platform has now arrived at Wembley Leisure Centre and is free to use!
Used at numerous NHS institutions, private medical centres and Premier League Football Clubs, it is an elite piece of equipment to accurately measure your total overall body health.
Boditrax software delivers the data that matters most to our clients, anytime, anywhere on any device. Simple, beautiful and intuitive, it securely stores body composition measurements, goal settings and progress tracking for review and interpretation via an engaging dashboard in English and many European languages.
Some of the analysis Boditrax can provide includes:
- Basel Metabolic Rate (BMR) - the number of calories your body burns at rest to maintain normal body functions.
- BMS (Basel Metabolic Score) - identifies your body’s ability to burn the fuel you take on board on a daily basis
- Muscle Score - the amount of muscle in your body
- Visceral Fat Rating - visceral fat is the fat that sits around your vital organs, in your internal abdominal cavity and generally increases with age. Having low VFR is believed to reduce the risk of diseases such as heart disease, blood pressure and the onset of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Degree of obesity - the percentage you are away from your ideal weight, as calculated for your Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Metabolic Age - benchmarking from your BMR, the machine identifies the most common age of person with your stats. If it’s higher than your actual age increased exercise will build healthy muscle tissue and reduce your age.
This piece of equipment is available to all members and allows users to track their goals, progress and overall health and use Boditrax as a motivational tool to improve health and results.
Book a refocus session with one of our Fitness Instructors who will take guide you on how to use the new equipment.
Just call the centre on 020 3795 0620 for more information.