New Equipment at John Orwell Sports Centre
The slam ball, otherwise known as the medicine ball, is a highly useful and versatile workout tool. It allows you to provide resistance and added weight while performing dynamic movements.
When you challenge your muscles by completely exhausting their abilities, you will develop more muscle power. Striving for more muscle power will provide you with an abundance of health and fitness benefits including:
- Increased muscle density
- Higher resting metabolism
- Faster glucose metabolism
- Increased athletic performance
- Higher aerobic capacity
- Stronger maximum muscle clarity
- Improved heart health
- Lower body fat
- Start with your feet shoulder width apart while holding the medicine ball, facing a sturdy wall that’s 2/3 feet away
- Bend your legs and drop your bottom down so that your legs form a 890 degree angle
- Drive your weight down through your heels and explode your weight upwards, throwing the ball up against the wall
- Promptly catch the ball, then drop back down and repeat the squat movement
Speak to a member of staff to find out more!