Recreation Assistant (Lifeguard) Apprentice - The Chiltern Pools & Gym, Amersham
Chiltern Pools and Gym in Amersham, Buckinghamshire is looking for a Recreation / Leisure Assistant Apprentice. If you love sport, fitness and exercise, this apprenticeship could help you build a career out of your passion.
The Recreation / Leisure Assistant Apprenticeship is a hands-on and active role. You could be doing anything from Lifeguarding a pool to setting up a sports hall for a badminton or football session. Whatever you're doing though, rest assured you'll have all the support of a big, friendly team behind you as well as proper training to give you the confidence and knowledge to do your job well.
You'll need to:
- Be a strong swimmer - you'll have to do a timed swim test before you start
- Be friendly - you'll be helping lots of our customers
- Be hard-working - our leisure centres open weekends and early mornings (don't worry, you won't have to do them all the time!)
- Enjoy learning - we'll train you to get qualifications including a Level 2 NVQ in Leisure Operations and your National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
These apprenticeships are based in Better Leisure Centres, which are run by GLL - the UK's largest leisure operator - so if you're hard-working and pass your apprenticeship, you'll have the opportunity to build a long-term career with us.
In return, we offer:
- Discounted membership at our Better Leisure Centres
- Free uniform
- Competitive salary
- Ride to Work scheme
- Training and career development opportunities
Apply now and see how far you can go with a Better Apprenticeship.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications, age and location.
GLL is an equal opportunities employer.
Salary of up to £ 17,133 per annum (39 hours a week pro rata)