Strengthens your legs! – Wall sits focus on strengthening your legs which in return will help with other leg exercises. Such as squats, lunges and other variety of leg exercises.
Strengthen your core! - Performing the wall sit requires you to keep you to tuck in your stomach which engages your core. This focuses you to also keep your posture up right and this will lead to reinforcing and help improving your posture.
Wall sits are free to do! – If going to the gym at the gym turns into a inconvenience due to travel or other reasons, home workouts are encouraged and wall sits are one of the best ones on the list. This is because all you need is a wall and to modify the exercise is just added weight or longer duration of time.
How to do perfect a wall sit:
- Start with your back against a wall (or use an exercise ball if you have one) with your feet shoulder width apart and about two feet from the wall
- Slowly slide your back down the wall until your thigs are parallel to the ground
- Adjust your feet if you need to so that your knees are directly above your ankles – not your toes
- Keep your back flat against the wall
- Hold the position for between 20 seconds to 1 minute, rest for 30 seconds, then repeat. Try to repeat this exercise for 3 repetitions
- Increase your hold time by 5 seconds as you gradually increase your strength