Swim Teacher Apprentice - The Chiltern Pools & Gym, Amersham.
GLL are looking to recruit an Swimming Teacher Apprentice to be based at The Chiltern Pools & Gym, Amersham. If you love Swimming, this apprenticeship could help you build a career out of your passion.
GLL is the UKs largest operator of public leisure facilities, an industry leader, operating more than 140 pools and teaching 180,000 pupils per week. This 13 month apprenticeship will give you the skills and knowledge to not only work as a fully qualified Swim Teacher with GLL at one of our Better Leisure Centres , but also an all-round understanding of our Swim School Programme and other aspects of leisure including Lifeguarding, operations and activity leadership. During this apprenticeship, you will be fully supported by your mentor as you work towards your Level 2 Activity Leadership, Level 1 and Level 2 Swim Teaching qualifications which will allow you to work as a Swim Teacher.
You will need to:
- Be friendly - you will be helping lots of customers from all backgrounds, ages and abilities
- Be hard-working - our leisure centres open weekends and early mornings (do not worry, you will not have to do them all the time!)
- Enjoy learning - we will train you to get a range of different qualifications
- Be passionate - you will love sport and be interested in the business of sport
- Have basic coaching experience - we do not expect you to be an expert but some experience will stand you in good stead, particularly experience working with children and young adults
- Have basic IT skills - you will learn everything about booking systems to various types of software
- Have good communication skills - both written and verbal. This is essential, not only for your learning and development, but will help you to deal with customers and colleagues alike
- Have good organisation skills - being able to plan and prepare for lessons
These apprenticeships are based in Better Leisure Centres, which are run by GLL - the UKs largest leisure operator - so if you are hard-working and pass your apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to build a long-term career with us.
In return, we offer:
- Training and career development opportunities
- Discounted membership at our Better Leisure Centres
- Free uniform
- Competitive salary
- Ride to Work scheme
Apply now and see how far you can go with a Better Apprenticeship.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications, age and location.
Salary up to £17,133 per annum.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or