In order to climb during public sessions at West View Leisure Centre, you must first register at reception. Adult climbing registration forms are available from the documents section or can be collect and completed at reception.
Registration will only be accepted by those who:
- complete the adult climbing registration form
- answer our climbing competency questions correctly
- are 18 years old or over. Please note: If you have never climbed before will need to complete our adult climbing course
REGISTRATION FOR 14 to 17 YEAR OLDS
You can register at the centre unsupervised if:
- You have successfully demonstrated proficiency in safe climbing technique with an instructor who will test you in the safe use of a harness, attachment of rope to harness and appropriate belay techniques
- Your parent or guardian has completed a consent form
- You have read the conditions of use
- To register you need to complete the junior unsupervised climbing form. These forms can be collected and completed at reception.
REGISTERING AS A BOULDERING ONLY USER
If you wish to register as a bouldering only member, you must still complete an adult climbing registration form.
New boulderers or those who haven't completed the registration procedure, must have a bouldering induction with a centre instructor.
The induction will last approximately 30 minutes and costs £15.00. Please contact reception to arrange an induction.