Our swimming pools at Launceston Leisure Centre are available for casual and recreational swimming, pool parties and swimming galas, with four 25m lanes you'll be kept fighting fit and feeling better in our main pool in no time.
We offer a variety of swim memberships for those who want to use the pool regularly as well as regular casual swim sessions for any pay as you go customers, and our swim school programme caters for all ages and abilities, from Parent and Baby to Adult and private lessons you can be sure to find something to help improve swimming technique.
Better Swim School teaches more than 90,000 swimmers throughout the UK.
At St Austell Leisure Centre, we offer a range of swimming lessons for all ages and abilities, with children's swimming lessons starting from as young as four months all the way through and including adult lessons.
Our swim school programme is designed to be flexible and affordable, with prices starting from as little as £4.20 per lesson.
Our experienced, qualified teachers follow the Amateur Swimming Association's National Learn to Swim Teaching Plan. We support all swimmers to progress and take the plunge, whatever their level of ability. Suitable for all age groups, our classes include:
- One-to-one sessions
- Under 5s
- Junior Learn to Swim Lessons
- Adult lessons
- And much, much more...
On your first visit you can collect your child's membership card from reception. You'll also get a free swimming hat from your swimming teacher, as these must be worn for every lesson.
Better Swim School provides an online tool, Home Portal that helps you to track your progress or your child's progress in the pool.
Once you book a course, it's easy to set up an account using your unique barcode number.
Once registered, you'll be able to log in to access information and updates directly from your swimming instructor.
- Record of Achievement - clear and regular updates on progress, including achievements and areas for improvement.
- Book Lessons - choose dates, times and Swim School Stage
- One account for multiple children - perfect for schools and families.
- Allowing you to move up unto the next class upon successful progression.
- Printing your Parent Barcode to gain quick access to our centres at lesson times.
- Pay Online - skip the queue and go straight to your lesson.
Lessons are delivered on a rolling programme that allows pupils to join at any stage and progress at their own pace.
For those who want to make waves quickly, one-to-one lessons are available, as well as intensive courses during the holidays.
Our lessons operate for 50 weeks of the year with a gap in lessons over the Christmas period.
There are three quick and easy ways to pay:
- A convenient monthly Direct Debit of 12 equal payments allowing you to spread the cost across the year.*
- A hassle-free upfront annual payment.
- Pay as you go - make an upfront payment for 10 or 14 weeks and renew at any time
All payments can be easily managed online through your Home Portal.
As an added bonus, customers paying by monthly Direct Debit are entitled to free swimming during general swimming sessions.