From the 24th to the 26th Gurnell Leisure Centre will be holding free fitness class tasters in promotion of Healthy Heart month.
Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) is the UK’s biggest killer, causing around 82,000 deaths each year.
Being active helps lower your risk of coronary heart disease because it
- exercises your heart, helping to keep it strong.
- helps lower your cholesterol – a fatty substance in your blood which can cause your arteries to clog up.
- helps lower your blood pressure, which means your arteries are less likely to clog up.
It can also help you feel more relaxed, have more energy and give you a sense of achievement.
To take part in some heart strengthening activities, drop in to the following free fitness classes at Gurnell Leisure Centre:
- Friday, 24th of February 2017, 18:30 – 19:00, Interval Training (Circuits).
- Friday, 24th of February 2017, 19:10 – 19:40, Functional Training.
- Saturday. 25th of February 2017, 15:00 – 15:30, Extreme Interval Training (Circuits).
- Sunday, 26th of February 2017, 11:30 – 12:00, Strength and Conditioning Training (Ab Blast).
- Sunday, 26th of February 2017, 12:15 – 13:15, Core Stability (Legs, Bums, and Tums).
- Sunday, 26th of February 2017, 13:30 – 14:00, Cardio Training.
Carly Oatway, Community Health & Fitness Service Manager at Gurnell Leisure Centre, comments, ‘At Gurnell Leisure Centre we care about the health of our members and local residents. We want to offer the chance for the community to kick-start their every day lives into a more active and healthier lifestyle. We hope to see you down there.’
For more information visit Gurnell Leisure Centre, call 0208 998 3241 or log on to www.better.org.uk.