Our ‘Keep it Moving Plank Challenge’ is running all day on Saturday 31st October in our fitness centres at Brixton Recreation Centre, Clapham Leisure Centre, Flaxman Sports Centre, Herne Hill Lifestyle Centre, Streatham Ice and Leisure Centre, West Norwood Health and Leisure Centre, and Vauxhall Leisure Centre.
Starting in a full arm plank position, you take it down to your elbows and then back up again ….. how long can you keep going?
Our Fitness Team will be on hand for encouragement, technique tips and to record your time.
There will be Bronze, Silver and Gold medals awarded in Centre and an overall Lambeth winner!
What BETTER way to get into the spirit of things at Halloween and set you up for the weekend.
Gym sessions need to be booked in advance, so book your space here.
A REMINDER OF OUR SAFETY MEASURES WE HAVE IN PLACE AT THE GYM:
Before you arrive at a Better leisure centre, you’ll need to:
- Book a timeslot via the Better UK app.
- Arrive on time. If you arrive early, you’ll need to queue outside and if you arrive late, you won’t be allowed access to the leisure centre.
- Be changed into your activity clothes and shower at home if possible, as we’re limiting access to showers and changing rooms.
- Bring your own water bottle, towel and hand sanitiser, if possible.
- Our staff will be doing everything they can to keep our leisure centres clean, but there are some measures that we’re asking you to help with, too – these are outlined below.
- For any gym, swim or fitness class session that you book, you’ll be given a one-hour time slot to ensure that everyone has a chance to visit our facilities. This time slot includes entering the building, conducting your activity and leaving the building.
- Because of COVID-19, our gym cleaning standards across our leisure centres have increased.
- Staff will be cleaning the gym, equipment and spaces with disinfectant regularly throughout the day and giving the gym a deep clean every night.
When you attend the gym, we ask that you:
- Use the gym cleaning stations that have hand sanitiser, medical-grade disinfectant and sanitising gym wipes regularly.
- Wipe down machines, weights or mats before and after use with the cleaning materials provided.
- Attend your session alone to conduct solo gym workouts. This means you won’t be able to use any equipment that requires a spotter.
For more information visit our Safer, Better, Stronger webpage here for more information on how we are keeping our customers and staff safe.