On Friday 6th December we are having a free Water Workout taster session 11:15am-12:00pm with Amanda. There are only 20 spaces available so please either book online or at reception to secure your space.
Water workout classes are a great way to mix up a traditional gym workout with the wondrous benefits of water. It only takes a few water workout sessions and you'll see a big difference in your overall fitness.
Also known as water aerobics or aqua aerobics, typical classes will involve all the exercises you would expect in a "dry" class but there are added bonuses when you exercise in water.
Some benefits of water workout are:
- Water supports the body, putting less stress on your joints and muscles.
- Working in the water helps build strength. Fighting against the push of the water activates your muscles.
- Water pressure helps put less strain on the heart by moving blood around the body.
- The impact of gravity is less in the water allowing greater range of motion.
- Working out in the water helps prevent overheating, helping you exercise for longer.
- And...it's fun! It is not often you can say that about a workout.