Last updated 26th August 2020
We are delighted to announce we will be opening more libraries on Tuesday 1st September. The libraries at Coseley, Cradley, Gornal, Long Lane, Lye, and Wordsley will be open from 10am-3pm Monday to Saturday. Netherton Library will open Mon-Fri 10am-3pm.
This means that all libraries in Dudley will now be open for borrowing books, music and films as well as ‘walk-in’ computer use. We are looking forward to welcoming everyone back!
Please note that all service points are operating under the necessary social distancing protocols including maximum occupancy levels. It is also mandatory for face coverings to be worn during your visit.
- Brierley Hill Library | 01384 812874
- Coseley Library | 01384 812775 from 1st September
- Cradley Library | 01384 812885 from 1st September
- Dudley Library | 01384 815560
- Gornal Library | 01384 812755 from 1st September
- Halesowen Library | 01384 812983
- Kingswinford Library | 01384 812740
- Long Lane Library | 01384 812880 from 1st September
- Lye Library | 01384 812835 from 1st September
- Netherton Library | 01384 812845 from 1st September
- Sedgley Library | 01384 812790
- Stourbridge Library | 01384 812945
- Wordsley Library | 01384 812765 from 1st September
The opening hours for each location may have changed, so it’s important to check your local library page by clicking on the location name above.
Dudley Archives & Local History Centre will open Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 3pm and customers are required to make an appointment on 01384 812770 before visiting.
To ensure your visit is as safe and comfortable as possible, we have the following services available:
- Printing and photocopying
- Computer Use – Access is limited to a number of computers. Maximum 60 mins per day. Walk-in only. Cannot be booked.
- Browsing and Borrowing. Face coverings will be required by law in libraries/archives from Saturday 8th August.
Your experience may look and feel a little different than usual, but as always, our team will be there to guide you through. You will notice the following changes:
- Some services and activities will be unavailable, including print newspapers, magazines, and study and seating areas.
- All room bookings, study spaces, events and programmes such as children’s story time sessions and book clubs, remain suspended until further notice.
- Our social media programmes will continue, as will access to our online resources including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, online newspapers and learning resources. View our online resources here.
- To meet the government guidelines for gathering limits and social distancing, entry into each of our libraries will be limited, depending on the size of each location.
- Strict hygiene and social distancing rules will be in place, including time limits on library visits and a concierge at the door to manage visitor numbers.
- You are required to wear a face covering if you’re visitng a library
Click the button below for more information about our safety procedures and frequently asked questions.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our libraries and we thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we all adapt to these new ways of operating.
Not a Dudley library member? Sign up online.