Last updated 27th July 2020
Library services in Dudley have started to re-open. In the initial phase, the following locations have re-opened to the public:
- Brierley Hill Library | 01384 812874
- Dudley Library | 01384 815560
- Halesowen Library | 01384 812983
- Kingswinford Library | 01384 812740
- Sedgley Library | 01384 812790
- Stourbridge Library | 01384 812945
The opening hours for each location may have changed, so it’s important to check your local library page by clicking on the location name above.
Dudley Archives & Local History Centre will open Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 3pm and customers are required to make an appointment on 01384 812770 before visiting.
To ensure your visit is as safe and comfortable as possible, we have the following services available:
- Printing and photocopying
- Computer Use – Access is limited to a number of computers. Maximum 60 mins per day. Walk-in only. Cannot be booked.
- Browsing and Borrowing. Face coverings will be required by law in libraries/archives from Saturday 8th August.
Your experience may look and feel a little different than usual, but as always, our team will be there to guide you through. You will notice the following changes:
- Some services and activities will be unavailable, including print newspapers, magazines, and study and seating areas.
- All room bookings, study spaces, events and programmes such as children’s story time sessions and book clubs, remain suspended until further notice.
- Our social media programmes will continue, as will access to our online resources including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, online newspapers and learning resources. View our online resources here.
- To meet the government guidelines for gathering limits and social distancing, entry into each of our libraries will be limited, depending on the size of each location.
- Strict hygiene and social distancing rules will be in place, including time limits on library visits and a concierge at the door to manage visitor numbers.
Click the button below for more information about our safety procedures and frequently asked questions.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our libraries and we thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we all adapt to these new ways of operating.
Not a Dudley library member? Sign up online.