Last updated 12th April 2021
Services currently available
- Browse and Borrow: Visit your local library to browse and borrow library stock.
- Reservations: Collect and borrow items reserved online or via staff
- Computer Use: Drop-in access to a limited number of library computers for a maximum of an hour per day, per person. Printing and Photocopying will also be available.
- Returns: Return previously borrowed items and we'll quarantine them for 72 hours before making them available for others to borrow.
All Libraries are 10am-3pm, Monday to Saturday, apart from Netherton which is closed on Saturdays
The research room at Dudley Archives and Local History Centre is now open to the public by appointment only. Tables, microfilm readers and PCs are available to book Tuesday to Saturday. Please call 01384 812 770 for further information and to make an appointment.
Your experience may look and feel a little different than usual, but as always, our team will be there to guide you through. You will notice the following changes:
- Social distancing measures will be in place throughout libraries including limiting the number of customers in a library at any one time. Please be patient if you have to wait slightly longer than usual.
- Computer sessions will operate on a non-bookable basis and limited to one hour per person per day.
- Some services and activities will be unavailable, including reference materials, print newspapers, magazines, and study and seating areas.
- All room bookings, events and programmes such as children’s story time sessions and craft clubs, remain suspended until further notice.
- Our social media programmes will continue, as will access to our online resources including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, online newspapers and learning resources. View our online resources here.
- To meet the government guidelines for gathering limits and social distancing, entry into each of our libraries will be limited based on the size of each location.
- Strict hygiene and social distancing rules will be in place and where possible we ask that you visit alone.
- In line with Government guidance you are required to wear a face covering in the library
Click the button below for more information about our safety procedures and frequently asked questions.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our libraries and we thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we all adapt to these new ways of operating.
Not a Dudley library member? Sign up online.