Last updated 12th April 2021
Core and Mobile Libraries are now open and Community Hub Libraries are in the process of reopening in a phased manner. The Lincolnshire County Council webpage provides details regarding Community Hub Libraries.
Existing loans have been extended to 4th May 2021, so those unable to visit a Hub Library that has not reopened do not need to worry about incurring any charges.
Services now available in Core Libraries are as follows:
- Browse and Borrow: Access designated parts of the main body of the library to browse and borrow library stock.
- Reservations: Collect and borrow items reserved online or via staff
- Computer Use: Access a limited number of computers for pre-booked sessions of between 30 and 60 minutes. Printing and Photocopying is also available.
- Returns: Return previously borrowed items and we'll quarantine them for 72 hours before making them available for others to borrow.
Core Libraries that will be offering these services are:
- Boston Library
- Gainsborough Library
- Grantham Library
- Horncastle Library
- Lincoln Central Library
- Long Sutton Library
- Louth Library
- Mablethorpe Library
- Market Rasen Library
- Skegness Library
- Sleaford Library
- Spalding Library
- Stamford Library
- Woodhall Spa Library
The opening hours for each location may have changed, so it’s important to check your local library page by clicking on the location name above.
Bourne Library and Community Access Point is open on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 9am and 5pm (closed for lunch 12-1pm) for the return of books, collections of reservations and limited computer use only.
Your experience may look and feel a little different than usual, but as always, our team will be there to guide you through. You will notice the following changes:
- Some services and activities will be unavailable, including reference materials, print newspapers, magazines, and study and seating areas.
- All room bookings, study spaces, events and programmes such as children’s story time sessions and craft clubs, remain suspended until further notice.
- Our social media programmes will continue, as will access to our online resources including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, online newspapers and learning resources. View our online resources here.
- To meet the government guidelines for gathering limits and social distancing, entry into each of our libraries will be limited based on the size of each location.
- Strict hygiene and social distancing rules will be in place and where possible we ask that you visit alone.
- In line with Government guidance you are required to wear a face covering in the library
Click the button below for more information about our safety procedures and frequently asked questions.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our libraries and we thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we all adapt to these new ways of operating.
Not a Lincolnshire library member? Sign up online.