Last updated 27th July 2020
Library services in Lincolnshire have started to re-open. The re-opening of Mobile and Community Hub libraries will take place later in the summer. We have extended existing loans to 1st September 2020, so those unable to visit, due to shielding or location, do not need to worry about incurring any charges.
In the initial phase, the following locations have re-opened to the public:
- Boston Library
- Gainsborough Library
- Grantham Library
- Horncastle Library
- Lincoln Central Library
- Long Sutton Library
- Louth Library
- Mablethorpe Library
- Market Rasen Library
- Skegness Library
- Sleaford Library
- Stamford Library
- Spalding Library
- Woodhall Spa Library
The opening hours for each location may have changed, so it’s important to check your local library page by clicking on the location name above.
From Monday 3rd August you can drop books off for return at Bourne Library and Community Access Point on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 10am and 1pm. Further details re this sites next phase of reopening will be published when available from South Kesteven District Council who operate this facility.
Please also note that from Saturday 8th August, a face covering must be worn at all times in the library.
To ensure your visit is as safe and comfortable as possible, we have the following services available:
- Library Takeaway: Call 01522 782010 (10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday press option 1 for reservations, then 2 for Takeaway) or email Lincslibrary.Support@gll.org with your library card number, reading interests and the library you wish to collect from, or reserve specific items online yourself, and we'll select and pre-issue them and let you know when they are ready to collect.
- Computer Use: Access a limited number of computers for pre-booked 30 minute sessions
- Returns: Drop off previously borrowed items and we'll quarantine them for 72 hours before making them available for others to borrow.
Your experience may look and feel a little different than usual, but as always, our team will be there to guide you through. You will notice the following changes:
- Browsing and borrowing in the main body of the library will not be available.
- Some services and activities will be unavailable, including print newspapers, magazines, and study and seating areas.
- All room bookings, study spaces, events and programmes such as children’s story time sessions and craft clubs, remain suspended until further notice.
- Our social media programmes will continue, as will access to our online resources including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, online newspapers and learning resources. View our online resources here.
- To meet the government guidelines for gathering limits and social distancing, entry into each of our libraries will be limited to one in one out basis, depending on the size of each location and in time these restrictions will be reviewed.
- Strict hygiene and social distancing rules will be in place and where possible we ask that you visit alone.
Click the button below for more information about our safety procedures and frequently asked questions.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our libraries and we thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we all adapt to these new ways of operating.
Not a Lincolnshire library member? Sign up online.