Last updated 5th January 2021
From 6th January 2021 the 15 core libraries across the county will be open - but only for the return of items and collection of reserved items (click and collect services) at library entrance. There will be no access for browsing or computer use.
The Access Library Service will continue to provide no contact deliveries of library stock to vulnerable housebound rural residents. Deliveries of talking books via the Royal Mails ‘Articles for the Blind’ service will also continue to Listening Lincs VIP customers.
The Lincolnshire County Council webpage https://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/findalibrary provides details regarding Hub Libraries.
All items issued in 2020 that are on loan will have their return dates extended to 22nd February 2021, so if you are unable to visit to return items, or prefer not to, you should not worry about items becoming overdue and incurring charges.
In our current phase of reopening, the following Core Libraries are offering the services listed in the ‘Available services’ section below:
- Boston Library
- Gainsborough Library
- Grantham Library
- Horncastle Library
- Lincoln Central Library
- Long Sutton Library
- Louth Library
- Mablethorpe Library
- Market Rasen Library
- Skegness Library
- Sleaford Library
- Stamford Library
- Spalding Library
- Woodhall Spa Library
The opening hours for each location may have changed, so it’s important to check your local library page by clicking on the location name above.
Bourne Library and Community Access Point is open on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 9am and 5pm (closed for lunch 12-1pm) for the return of books and collections of reservations only.
- Click and Collect Library Takeaway: Visit https://capitadiscovery.co.uk/lincolnshire to reserve items online yourself, or telephone the Customer Service Centre on 01522 782010.
- Returns: Return previously borrowed items and we'll quarantine them for 72 hours before making them available for others to borrow.
Your experience may look and feel a little different than usual, but as always, our team will be there to guide you through. You will notice the following changes:
- There will be no access into the main body of the library for browsing or computer use and other services and activities will be unavailable, including reference materials, print newspapers, magazines, and study and seating areas.
- All room bookings, study spaces, events and programmes such as children’s story time sessions and craft clubs, remain suspended until further notice.
- Our social media programmes will continue, as will access to our online resources including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, online newspapers and learning resources. View our online resources here.
- Strict hygiene and social distancing rules will be in place and where possible we ask that you visit alone.
- In line with Government guidance you are required to wear a face covering in the library
Click the button below for more information about our safety procedures and frequently asked questions.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we all adapt to these new ways of operating.
Not a Lincolnshire library member? Sign up online.