Last updated 10th September 2020
Core and Mobile Libraries have now reopened and Community Hub Libraries are in the process of reopening in a phased manner.
The Lincolnshire County Council webpage https://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/findalibrary provides details regarding Hub Libraries. Items on loan from Community Hub Libraries that remain closed have been extended to 2nd November.
Items borrowed from reopened sites are unchanged and charges will be reinstated for items borrowed from 1st October.
You can renew items at site, by logging into your account on our catalogue https://bit.ly/lincslibscat or by phoning 01522 782010.
In our current phase of reopening, the following Core Libraries are offering the services listed in the ‘Available services’ section below:
- Boston Library
- Gainsborough Library
- Grantham Library
- Horncastle Library
- Lincoln Central Library
- Long Sutton Library
- Louth Library
- Mablethorpe Library
- Market Rasen Library
- Skegness Library
- Sleaford Library
- Stamford Library
- Spalding Library
- Woodhall Spa Library
The opening hours for each location may have changed, so it’s important to check your local library page by clicking on the location name above.
Bourne Library and Community Access Point is open on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 9am and 5pm (closed for lunch 12-1pm) for the return of books, pre-booked computer use and collections of reservations only.
- Browse and Borrow: Access designated parts of the main body of the library to browse and borrow library stock.
- Reservations: Collect and borrow items reserved online or via the previous Takeaway service
- Computer Use: Access a limited number of computers for pre-booked sessions of between 30 and 60 minutes. Printing and Photocopying is also available.
- Returns: Return previously borrowed items and we'll quarantine them for 72 hours before making them available for others to borrow.
Your experience may look and feel a little different than usual, but as always, our team will be there to guide you through. You will notice the following changes:
- Some services and activities will be unavailable, including reference materials, print newspapers, magazines, and study and seating areas.
- All room bookings, study spaces, events and programmes such as children’s story time sessions and craft clubs, remain suspended until further notice.
- Our social media programmes will continue, as will access to our online resources including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, online newspapers and learning resources. View our online resources here.
- To meet the government guidelines for gathering limits and social distancing, entry into each of our libraries will be limited based on the size of each location.
- Strict hygiene and social distancing rules will be in place and where possible we ask that you visit alone.
- In line with Government guidance you are required to wear a face covering in the library
Click the button below for more information about our safety procedures and frequently asked questions.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our libraries and we thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we all adapt to these new ways of operating.
Not a Lincolnshire library member? Sign up online.