Join the Spalding Library team for a week of events centred around supporting the local community. National Libraries Week (4th to 10th October) is a celebration of the nations much loved libraries, with this year's theme being the significant role that libraries play in their community as a driver for inclusion, sustainability, social mobility and community cohesion.
Spalding Library will have the following groups and activities happening during Libraries Week.
Monday 4th October
- Guide Dogs – find out about all the fabulous work done by our local Guide Dog group and meet some of their gorgeous furry companions
- Lincolnshire CVS – find out about the work of our local Community Voluntary Service and how you can get involved.
Tuesday 5th October
- Meadows Day Centre will be with us and over a cuppa can tell you all about their work and how you can join them to help make a difference to the lives of older Spalding residents.
Wednesday 6th October
- Learning Day – join us for a cuppa and find out all that the local U3A and Boston Collage have on offer.
Thursday 7th October
- Little Miracles – find out about the amazing work this local charity does supporting local families
Friday 8th October
- Citizens Advice will be on hand all day to answer your queries and explain how they help support the local community.
Saturday 9th October
- Learn more about the Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust from 10.00am to 12noon where you can explore some pond life and learn about our local area.
Sharman Morris, Spalding Library Manager for GLL said:
“Libraries are about people, and helping them connect to the books, information, people and groups that will help them make a positive difference in their lives. We are delighted to be able to help local communities and groups share the good news of all they do and encourage others to join in and find out all that is happening in their community through their local library.”
Phone us for further information on 01522 782010 or email us on Spalding.Library@gll.org
Keep up to date with the latest news and updates by following us at @lincslibraries