Last updated 3rd August 2020
Library services in Bromley have started to re-open. In the initial phase, the following locations have re-opened to the public:
- Abbey Wood Library
- Blackheath Library
- Charlton House Library
- Coldharbour Library
- Eltham Library
- Greenwich Centre Library
- New Eltham Library
- Plumstead Library
- Slade Centre Library
- Thamesmere Library
- West Greenwich Library
- Woolwich Library
The opening hours for each location may have changed, so it’s important to check your local library page by clicking on the location name above.
To ensure your visit is as safe and comfortable as possible, we have the following services available:
- Browse and borrow
- Computer Use: Access a limited number of computers for pre-booked 30 minute sessions. All library computer sessions end 15 minutes before closing.
- Returns: Drop off borrowed items for quarantining
Your experience may look and feel a little different than usual, but as always, our team will be there to guide you through. You will notice the following changes:
- Some services and activities will be unavailable, including print newspapers, magazines, and casual seating areas.
- All meeting room bookings, events and programmes such as children’s story time sessions and book clubs, remain suspended until further notice.
- Our social media programmes will continue, as will access to our online resources including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, online newspapers and learning resources. View our online resources here.
- To meet the government guidelines for gathering limits and social distancing, entry into each of our libraries will be limited, depending on the size of each location.
- Strict hygiene and social distancing rules will be in place, including time limits on library visits and a concierge at the door to manage visitor numbers.
- Face masks are encouraged and welcomed.
Click the button below for more information about our safety procedures and frequently asked questions.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our libraries and we thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we all adapt to these new ways of operating.
Not a Greenwich library member? Sign up online.