The day was organised Cllr Lee-Anne Igbon and was attended by approximately 200 members of public as well as Labour MP Lucy Powell & Councillor Rahman who is the Executive Member for Culture and Leisure in Manchester.
On offer were services such as:
- Walking Football & Netball
- Women Only fitness classes
- Green screen to have photos with inspirational women
- Volunteer & training schemes
- Food & Mood Stall with body image & wellbeing advisor
- Children’s Services & activities
- Women In Islam - promoting the rights of women, female role models, exhibition their own outreach work especially within the Hulme and local areas and offering henna painting
- Health & Beauty products
- Building confidence through drama
- Small cinema screening of ‘Hulme Sweet Hulme’ which is due to be broadcast at the Whitworth Art Gallery later this year
It was a great day and the centre looks forward to hosting more events for the community in the future.