BUSINESS SUPPORT FOR ASPIRING AND EARLY STAGE ENTREPRENEURS
FREE WORKSHOPS HOSTED WITHIN YOUR LOCAL ROYAL BOROUGH OF GREENWICH LIBRARIES.
London libraries are transforming the way ideas grow into successful businesses. By partnering with the British Library’s Business and IP Centre, we are developing a community of new and existing business owners, which is free to join and open to everyone.
We offer insight and access to resources – including workshops, events and walk-in consultations – to help you imagine, start or develop your business.
This programme is running in 10 London boroughs and is supported by the European Regional Development Fund, J.P. Morgan and the Arts Council.
Loretta Awuah is leading the delivery of the Start-ups in London Libraries project in Greenwich and is the main point of contact for aspiring and early-stage entrepreneurs to access business support in their local library.
Passionate about social equality and inclusion, Loretta has over 6 years’ experience in developing and managing partnerships with corporate, public and third sector organisations which enable disadvantaged groups to access employment, pro-bono and educational opportunities/experiences. Democratising access to entrepreneurship represents another significant area of interest she hopes to be able to positively impact on, as she builds a start-up community in Greenwich.
Workshop 1 ‘What next for my business idea?’, 10am - 5pm
Explains all the fundamentals of using the BIPC’s and your library’s resources to protect your intellectual property and develop a strategic roadmap for your business. This will take place on :
- Tuesday 18th February 2020 – Woolwich Library
- Tuesday 5th May 2020 – Greenwich Centre Library
- Tuesday 21st July 2020 – Woolwich Library
- Tuesday 20th October – Greenwich Centre Library
Workshop 2 ‘Getting ready for business’ 10am - 5pm
Find out how to set up your business and avoid common start-up pitfalls in seven easy steps in this high energy and practical workshop.
This will take place on :
- Wednesday 19th February 2020 - New Eltham Library
- Wednesday 24th June 2020 – New Eltham Library
- Wednesday 19th August 2020 – West Greenwich Library
- Wednesday 18th November 2020 – Plumstead Library
Workshop 3 Marketing Masterclass 10am - 1pm
Join our Marketing Masterclass to discover how to determine and reach customers for your new business venture.
This practical workshop will break down and simplify the marketing strategies and processes you need to succeed. Including; Customer profiling, Good & Bad marketing, Your strategy for growth, Marketing and sales.
- Saturday 14th March 2020 - Eltham Centre Library
- Friday 27th March 2020 - Plumstead Library
- Wednesday 17th June 2020 – West Greenwich Library
- Saturday 9th May 2020 – Woolwich Library
- Saturday 25th July 2020 – Eltham Centre
- Wednesday 23rd September 2020 – Greenwich Centre Library
- Wednesday 14th October 2020 – Plumstead Library
- Saturday 28th November – Woolwich Library
Library address details:
Eltham Centre Library: Archery Road, Eltham, London, SE9 1HA
Greenwich Centre Library: 12 Lambarde Square, Greenwich, London, SE10 9HB
New Eltham Library: Southwood Road, New Eltham, London,SE9 3QT
Plumstead Library: 1 Abery Street, Plumstead, London, SE18 1DB
West Greenwich Library: Greenwich High Road, West Greenwich, London, SE10 8NN
Woolwich Centre Library: 35 Wellington Street, Woolwich, London, SE18 6HQ
For more information or to book a place on the workshop and receive one-to-one guidance, please email us SillGreenwich@GLL.ORG or call 020 8921 3158.