On Saturday 11th March, Bath Sports and Leisure Centre will be holding an Open Day with lots of free activities for all the family. There's so much on offer you're bound to find something you'll enjoy!
As part of the day, we're pleased to be hosting Greenhill House Boccia Club who will be delivering free boccia taster sessions on the sports halls new boccia court.
Boccia, a target game similar to bowls and petanque, is arguably the world's most inclusive sport and as such, has featured in the Paralympics for over 30 years. We hope the taster sessions will encourage both children and adults who may have a disability to give boccia a try, with the option of playing regularly on the court should they enjoy it.
They'll also be plenty of other free activities such as badminton, table tennis, a range of free exercise classes and free gym access. We'll also be delivering educational workshops in weightlifting and nutrition and will discuss how you can effectively apply the principles of these topics to help you reach your fitness goal.
Full programme of activities
- Free boccia taster sessions, with Greenhill House Boccia Club (Sports hall, 11:00am-4:00pm)
- Free badminton (Sports Hall, 9:30am-4:00pm)
- Free table tennis (Sports Hall, 9:30am-4:00pm)
- Free gym access (Waiver must be signed prior to use. Gym, 9:00am-4:00pm)
- Free exercise classes:
- Core stability (Studio 2, 9:30am-10:25am)
- Zumba (Studio 1, 10:30am-11:25pm)
- Pilates (Studio 2, 10:30am-11:25am)
- Group Cycle (Studio 1, 11:30am-12:15pm)
- Yoga (Studio 2, 11:30am-12:25pm)
- Free education sessions
- 10:00am–11:00am - Introduction to weight lifting
- 11:15am–12:15pm - Introduction to nutrition
For more information, please give us a call on 01225 486905. We look forward to seeing you all on 11th March!