Choose a welcoming environment
We want to help everyone get active. That's why we offer off-peak concessionary memberships for anyone in receipt of benefits. If you are eligible for a concessionary membership, you will be able to use Better facilities in your local area at a discounted rate.
Bring it to Better, where everyone is welcome.Join now
If you qualify as a concessionary member, you will receive off peak access at a discounted rate in your selected local area* to the following:
- Inclusive access to gyms offering cardio, resistance, functional, weight and stretch zones
- Inclusive access to swimming pools
- Inclusive access to full fitness class programme
- 7-day priority advanced booking online or via the Better UK app
- Access to free WIFI in Better centres.
- Rolling monthly Direct Debit with no contract for added flexibility.
- Up to 30% off other activities and services.
- Free personalised fitness induction
- Free access to an expert fitness instructor, who’ll create you a personalised exercise programme
- Free six-week refocus sessions to keep you feeling motivated
If you don't want to be restricted by off peak times, choose a Better Health Membership, which offers the freedom to use the facilities at anytime.
*Some exclusions apply, check here for details. Facility access subject to availability, refer to home centre and individual location page for facility listings. Peak and off-peak time vary by location. Membership not available in Manchester or Welwyn and Hatfield. Visit www.better.org.uk/offerterms for more details, proof of eligibility is required when joining.Join now
More information on Concessionary membership
Am I eligible?
If you receive any of the following, it’s likely that you’ll be eligible for a concessionary membership in your local area:
- Housing benefit
- Income Support
- Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Working Families Tax Credit
- Carers Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Refugee Status
How to apply?
To apply for a concessionary membership, join online here. Once you've joined you will be required to upload evidence of your eligibility online.Find your nearest centre