We are a charitable social enterprise
GLL is a Charitable Social Enterprise owned by our staff and founded on our purpose and values to provide a different, fairer and better way of doing business.
Our purpose is to improve the physical, mental and social wellbeing of local communities.
We are committed to the provision of leisure, fitness and cultural activities and facilities at affordable prices. It is our aim to ensure the financial viability of our organisation, meeting our charitable social objectives, harnessing employee ownership and maintaining and expanding our existing services. We endeavour to continually exceed customer expectations.
We operate over 240 leisure centres, 120 libraries and 15 children's centres in partnership with 50 local councils, public agencies and sporting organisations.
Our centres include some of the most prestigious sporting facilities in the UK such as the Copper Box Arena, Lee Valley VeloPark, London Aquatics Centre, Manchester Aquatics Centre, Manchester National Cycling Centre along with essential community facilities that we believe are invaluable to local communities.
WHAT WE DO
We aim to get more people, more active, more often. We promote healthy and active lifestyles, giving communities access to facilities that help improve their health and happiness through participation in activities. It could be gyms, libraries, playgrounds or world-class venues such as those on the Olympic Park, we have it all right here.
However, we do provide more than access. As a charitable social enterprise, we invest in our communities as we are a not for profit organisation but it’s not just about money: we also invest time and effort in encouraging everyone to take advantage of our services.
What does that mean?
We are a not for profit charitable social enterprise, which means we work for the benefit of everyone: the public, the communities we work in, the environment, our staff and our partners. As a result, we’re proud to be the first leisure operator in the UK to be awarded both the Social Enterprise Mark, and now Social Enterprise UK badge as well as the Prime Minister’s Big Society Award. But, there are more benefits...
- We don’t have shareholders like some private companies or any bonuses to pay out. Instead, we reinvest any financial surplus we make back into our services and facilities. So far, we’ve reinvested millions of pounds – well over £100m
- We act as a charity and are here for the benefit of the communities we operate in. We are passionate about making a real difference
- We believe social values are just as important, if not more important as financial performance
- We are owned by our staff and society members, who have a non-dividend-paying share. That means our workforce is empowered, motivated and involved in making important decisions that affect the company. In fact, the majority of our board are elected by our workforce
- Wherever possible, we work with other social enterprises and buy Fairtrade goods and services.
What does that mean for you?
Whether you join us on a monthly membership, or use our facilities occasionally as a non member or library user, you can get fit, stay healthy, and know that you're helping make a difference in your community.
Rest assured that any surplus we make now and in the future goes back in to the service, as you are buying in to an ethical company. Now, that's better.