Learn to shine with Rise Gymnastics lessons
At Better we deliver the Rise Gymnastics framework which has been designed by our partners British Gymnastics. With a wide range of Rise Gymnastics courses on offer for all ages and abilities, the partnership allows us to keep the skills and programme content relevant and up to date, while making sure we provide the highest service possible.
Rise Gymnastics will help to improve your child's agility, balance, coordination and more, all in a warm and welcoming environment. They'll also learn fundamental skills, which are transferable and will help with other sports and activities. Our Rise Gymnastics courses are led by qualified gymnastics coaches and available at a variety of Better leisure centres nationwide.
Already registered on a course? Login to your Home Portal account here to view lesson progress, lesson days and times plus any cancelled dates.
Why choose Rise Gymnastics with Better?
Gymnastics is an amazing sport, helping children to develop both physically and emotionally. Rise Gymnastics is a fun packed programme that provides a progressive journey through recreational gymnastics. Gymnasts will experience an immersive, creative and exciting gymnastics programme, achieving amazing results at their own pace, building key foundation skills. Children of all ages and abilities have the power to shine with Rise Gymnastics.
Rise Gymnastics is activity focused, allowing skills to develop naturally. This means gymnasts stay motivated by achieving their goals regularly and at their own pace with a range of exciting new medals and more opportunities to regularly reward progress and achievement.
Find the right gymnastics lesson for your child
Giving all gymnasts a fun well rounded experience from the very start. Discover, Explore and Excel take gymnasts through their first steps into gymnastics all the way to advanced skills, competitions, festivals, and if they wish, the national development programme. Find the right lesson to suit you or your child’s needs:
Through themed activities, pre-school children will use their own imagination and creativity to help them develop key life skills and physical movement at an early age.
The activities within Rise Gymnastics Discover have been carefully created to mirror the approach of learning within an Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) environment.
Children can earn rewards as they progress through the exciting themed activities.
Rise Gymnastics Explore is an exciting and immersive gymnastics programme using exciting activities to introduce children to gymnastics in a way they’ll really enjoy.
This programme is progressive, fun and engaging, providing gymnasts with the opportunity to shine regardless of previous ability or experience.
Gymnasts can achieve through a flexible award scheme with exciting new medals and certificates.
Rise Gymnastics Excel is for experienced, ambitious gymnasts and can lead to festivals, competitions and discipline specific pathways.
Challenging balances, dynamic tumbles and even gravity defying somersaults are just a few examples of what can be achieved.
Excel gymnasts will increase their confidence and remain active. Skills are developed naturally rather than through a focus on awards. This means gymnasts stay motivated by achieving regularly but at their own pace.
In addition to our junior Rise Gymnastics programme, we also offer Young Adult, Adult and Disability classes. These classes offer participants of all abilities the opportunity to learn new skills, or build upon existing skills, in a safe and welcoming environment.
Track your gymnastics progress online
Once your child starts their gymnastics course, you will be able to track their progress using the Rise Hub portal. This allows you to follow the gymnast’s progress across the Rise Gymnastics award schemes and provides personalised updates directly to parents and carers from your gymnastics coaches as and when assessed.
The benefits of tracking your gymnastics lessons include:
- Records of achievement
- Encouragement to keep the kids active
- Ability to book and pay online
- One account for multiple children
Holiday short courses
Let the kids learn a new skill over the holidays whilst keeping them active with a Rise Gymnastics Holiday Course. Suitable for all levels, your child will develop whilst building their confidence and co-ordination skills.
To find and book a holiday short course:
- Visit our booking platform
- Select your preferred location to view available courses
- Select 'Gymnastics Holiday courses' in the filter
- *Days and times will be confirmed as you select your booking
Courses are added to our booking platform in advance of each holiday period.
How to get the most from your gymnastics lesson
- Please wear suitable attire. Acceptable clothing includes shorts, t-shirts, leggings, jogging bottoms, leotards, unitards
- Jeans, hooded tops, skirts, zips, excessively long trousers or sleeves, buttons and strings/toggles are not permitted
- Long hair must be tied back securely, away from the face and all jewelry must be removed – this includes stud earrings
- It is important to stay hydrated, so remember to bring a drink; water is recommended
- Please arrive on time for your class. If you are late, you will miss the warm-up and may not be allowed to participate, for safety reasons
- Children aged 8yrs and under must be dropped off and collected by their parent/guardian. Parents/guardians must also remain in viewing areas to take their child to the toilet. Anyone under the age of 16 cannot drop off or collect pupils
- Remember to use the toilet before your class
- Do not enter the gymnasium or use any of the equipment without the permission of the coaches
- Please leave at least one hour between eating and starting your class
- Photography is not permitted. This includes using mobile phones, video recorders, cameras or tablets
- Please avoid communicating with the children during the session, as it can be distracting for your child and the other children in the group.
Find a gymnastics course near me
Frequently asked questions
How do I book onto a programme?
Visit our dedicated lessons and courses booking system and select your preferred location and activity here to view the available lessons. Use the search filters on the booking system to get the best results.
How old do you have to be to start a Rise Gymnastics programme?
The Rise Gymnastics programme is split into 3 levels. Please refer to our entry level guidance below to understand the suggested age guidance. These guides are flexible and gymnasts will be assessed and placed into the closest programme to their skills and ability.
- Age- Under 5s
- Level- Walking to school age
- Age- 5 years+
- Level- School year reception and above
- Age- 7 years+
- Level- School year reception and above
Are all the gymnastics coaches qualified and DBS checked?
All our coaches will have a Gymnastics qualification or working towards this. Coaches are also DBS checked.
For more frequently asked questions, please visit our help centre.
You may also like
Better offer a range of swimming classes that cater for all levels of ability and ages.
Our affordable tennis lessons are delivered by licensed and registered LTA coaches and are perfect for adults and juniors of all abilities.