Dive In With A Better Swimming Membership
Swimming is a great form of exercise, giving your whole body a gentle workout as you go.
Here at Better, we’re the largest swimming pool operator in the UK, and a swimming membership with us means you’ll get inclusive access to 140 indoor swimming pools across the England, Cardiff and Belfast, as well as 9 outdoor lidos.
At Better, we also believe that everyone should be comfortable in the water and get active. That’s why our Swim UK membership is designed for people of any ability level or age. So, whether you’re perfecting your front crawl, or just starting out, Better has you covered.Join now
Swim UK Membership Benefits
Our swim-only membership provides lots of additional benefits to help you make the most of our facilities. Your swimming membership includes:
- Access to 140 indoor swimming pools and 9 outdoor lidos across the UK, including the London Aquatics Centre
- Access to our open water venues including West Reservoir Centre and Stanborough Park Water Sports Centre
- Adult swimming lessons and Swim Doctor training sessions available at a discounted rate
- Up to 30% discount on other Better activities and services across the UK, such as the gym, fitness classes and court hire
- 7-day priority advanced booking online or via the Better UK app
- Access to Better at Home – an online library of over 1,500 on-demand fitness classes and workouts
On top of all of this, when you visit a Better swimming pool, you’ll be able to enjoy a range of facilities such as diving boards, wave machines and inflatable obstacle courses at a discounted price. These features are only available at some of our pools so please check with your local centre.
Many of our centres are also equipped with accessibility features such as accessible changing rooms and Poolpods so that everyone can enjoy time in the water.
Hear from our swimmers
Hear how our swimmers use their local swimming pool membership across the UK:
What's good about swimming?
From reducing stress to helping you build muscle, there are many health benefits associated with swimming. Here are a couple more:
- Teaches you a life skill – swimming is an important life skill and regularly attending lessons or casual swim sessions can help you develop this essential skill
- Boosts your mental health – attending your local pool frequently can help give you some headspace and boost your mental wellbeing as you socialise with the community
What’s more, swimming at Better is good for the community. Since we’re a social enterprise, your membership fees go back into our facilities and services, rather than paying our bosses.
But don’t just take our word for it. Read about how members Jessica and Nicola enjoy the benefits of regular swims at their local lido.
Frequently asked questions
Is swimming good for weight loss?
Swimming is a great form of exercise to boost your overall health and improve your fitness. As with any exercise, you’ll need to swim regularly to see results if your aim is to lose weight. You should also aim to eat a healthy diet and get plenty of sleep to maximise your chances of weight loss.
Want access to all Better facilities throughout England, Cardiff and Belfast? Our monthly Better Health membership grants access to our gyms and swimming pools anytime, anywhere.
If you want to save money, our Saver monthly membership could be for you. Enjoy access to one Better leisure centre at off-peak times for a discounted price.