The historic swimming baths on Milton Road have been in need of an update for a long time and, thanks to funding from the Government’s Towns Fund, GLL, and Swindon Borough Council, the facility closed in April to allow the initial regeneration work to progress.
This first phase of work includes:
- Restoration of the main pool
- The restoration of the main entrance and reception area
- Improving access to the pool and Turkish Baths
- Creating purpose-built changing facilities
- Creating additional and fit for purpose gym space
- Restoring the roof and upgrading the plant within the building to make it watertight and energy efficient