Swimming sessions for all at Abraham Moss
We have two great water spaces here at Abraham Moss Leisure Centre. We have a great variety of swimming sessions available including:
- Swim for All
- Water Workout
- Swim for Adults
- Swim for Women
Free Swimming for Manchester over 60s
Did you know? If you are a Manchester resident aged 60 and over that you are eligible for Free Swimming at Better swimming pools across the City?
To be eligible for this programme you must be aged 60 or over, and live in Manchester.
Proof of age and residency is therefore required at the time of registration. Proof of age could include a bus pass, driving licence, passport, birth certicate etc. Proof of residency could include a utility bill, such as your Council Tax bill.
Once registered you can access any Swim for All session free of charge! Swimming lessons, water workout sessions and instructor-led sessions are not included.
The free Swimming scheme is available at:
Abraham Moss Leisure Centre Arcadia Library & Leisure Centre East Manchester Leisure Centre Hough End Leisure Centre Moss Side Leisure Centre Manchester Aquatics Centre Moss Side Leisure Centre North City Family & Fitness Centre Wythenshawe Forum
The Better Swim School
We are the largest provider of swimming lessons across the UK. Across the country, we help over 100,000 people learn to love the water and keep active, by becoming capable and confident swimmers. You will find the Better Swim School here at Abraham Moss Leisure Centre too.
- Friendly fully qualified teachers
- Lesson plans designed by swimming experts in accordance with the ASA Learn to Swim Framework
- Access to Home Portal- our online tool which allows you to track progress through the Learn to Swim Framework
- A fully inclusive and accessible Learn to Swim Programme
- Free badges and certificates for your child for those on our direct debit scheme
- Free Swimming for those on our direct debit or annual payment schemes
NEW - Better Active Aqua
From 1st January 2017 our new programme of aquatic activities aimed at engaging inactive people will begin. Activities cost just £1 and include a whole host of sessions including:
- Learn to Swim following the ASA framework
- Demential Friendly swims
- Female only swims
- Mother & Daughter swim
- And much much more
To find out more visit our Better Active Aqua page