We are pleased to announce that from Saturday 4th July, we will be reopening the outdoor clay tennis courts at Sutton Sports Village, with a number of measures in place to ensure the safety of our customers and staff members.
Booking your activity:
In order to manage numbers and to comply with the government requirement for Test and Trace, all sessions must be booked online via the Better UK app in advance.
Please note that all our sessions must now be pre-booked via our website or our app.
Please arrive 'tennis ready' as changing rooms are not available. However there are toilets and lockers that can be used. Water fountains can be used, but only for filling bottles so please bring a water bottle with you.
When using the tennis courts, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- All court bookings must be made in advance via the 'Better UK' app, or online here.
- Use the app to check which club and which courts are available. Please note, courts will only be bookable at certain times and availability corresponds with that shown on the app.
- Book your court before turning up. You will not be able to turn up and play. No transactions or bookings can be made at the centre.
- Sessions will last 1 hour, with 50 minutes on court and 10 minutes of turnaround time to ensure the safety of those entering and exiting the court.
- Maximum of 4 players per court. Note doubles play is now permitted (only in England) providing social distancing is adhered to.
- Avoid changing ends or change at opposite sides on the net.
- All members aged 5 and over will be allowed to play.
- Please maintain social distancing.
- Please don't shake hands or have any physical contact with other players.
- Bring your own equipment: racquets, marked balls etc. No rental equipment will be available.
- Arrive changed and ready to play as there will be no access to changing facilities.
- Hand sanitiser, tissue and rubbish bins will all be made available to players.
The safety of our staff and our customers remains our first priority. Please return to this page for further updates or for more information, visit: https://www.better.org.uk/coronavirus.
Using the Better UK app
- How to register to book on the Better App
- How to reset your password
- How to book your activities online