We are pleased to once again partner with Carers UK to ensure our leisure centres are inclusive to Carers and are supporting Carers UK’s ‘Get Elfy’ campaign. The following details the campaign they are running:
Sign up to Get Elfy this Christmas!
Join Carers UK’s jolly movement challenge this December from the comfort of your home. No need for fancy equipment, all you need is your holiday spirit and a dash of enthusiasm. The Get Elfy Advent Calendar will provide you with 24 days of fun, festive movement videos to keep you active through the season.
Each merry mover will be entered into a daily prize draw for the chance to win a range of elf and fitness related prizes.
All fitness levels welcome: each activity video will include adaptations so that everyone can take part!
Carers can register to take part here: https://link.wellgiving.co.uk/3QOxAtr
To encourage Carers to be active, Better is offering a limited, bespoke membership offer for members of Carers UK and any resident in the UK who is in receipt of Carer’s Allowance. We are also providing Warm Spaces’ sessions within our leisure centres and libraries this winter.
The unique membership is called ‘Better Health UK Carers’ and provides anytime access to a Better leisure facility at the discounted rate of £30 per month. This offer is exclusively for members of Carers UK and/or carers in receipt of Carer’s Allowance. Carers will be contacted by Carers’ UK with details of how to access the offer. The offer will be available from the 1st December until 15th January, to claim this membership offer today click the ‘join now’ button.
What does the membership entitle the customer to?
- Access: Gym, Swimming, Fitness Classes, Health Suite*
No Contract: Leave when you need and re-join at any time**
- Extras: Discounts on other activities and services, priority booking and free Wi-Fi
- Time restrictions: Peak and Off peak access (no restrictions)
*Excludes access to Spa Experience. **Excludes annual memberships
How do you prove you are a member of Carers UK?
- Carers UK will send an email to all of their members with details of the offer and confirmation of their unique Carers UK membership number.
- When joining online Carers UK members must upload a screenshot of the email with their membership number in order to receive the membership offer
- Carers UK members can access the membership offer by clicking on the JOIN NOW button which will be imbedded in the email they receive
- Members of Carers UK who wish to purchase their membership in a GLL centre must print out the email and present to a member of staff