At a number of our Better leisure centres, you'll be able to sign up for walking football and enjoy a weekly game, meet new people and have a chat over tea and coffee.
Whether you're completely new to the game or played football when you were younger, walking football will add a new lease of life to your week.
Our weekly Walking Football sessions run every Sunday from 11:00-13:00.These sessions are suitable for those looking for a lower impact activity and to meet new friends.
What are the benefits of walking football
- Keeps you active - as the name suggests, you're constantly moving as well as having fun
- Improves stamina - participating in weekly activity means you can keep going for longer
- Healthier heart - activity lowers your cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar and decreases risks of diabetes type 2
- Better balance - you'll find working on one leg, kicking the ball will help with your balance
- Meet new friends - get to know your community and build a camaraderie with people from a number of different backgrounds
FOR MORE INFORMATION