What is Junior Gym?
Start your child's fitness habits early with a Junior Gym membership for children aged 11-17 years at Botwell Green Sports and Leisure Centre. With sessions available after school, weekends and over the school holidays, our qualified staff are on-hand during these sessions to ensure our juniors are having fun and working out safely, at the same time.
With this membership, juniors can access the swimming pools (including the outdoor lido), one racquet sport (badminton or table tennis) per day as well as being able to access other Better centres across Hillingdon including Hillingdon Sports and Leisure complex , Highgrove Pool and Fitness Centre and Queensmead Sports Centre
Junior Gym days and times:
Monday - Friday, 3:30pm - 4:20pm and 4:30pm - 5:20pm
Saturday & Sunday, 2pm - 5pm
Junior Gym rules
Monday - Friday, there are now two bookable slots; 3.30pm – 4.20pm and 4.30pm-5.20pm, and weekends, 2pm–2.50pm, 3pm– 3:50pm, 4pm– 4.50pm. Juniors wishing to attend both will require a booking for each slot. Juniors are required to vacate the gym when the sessions finish and are not able to stay between sessions.
Juniors will have access to the majority of gym equipment, including:
- Cardio machines (treadmills, cross-trainers, upright bikes, spin bikes, recumbent bikes, ARC Trainers, & rowing machines)
- Resistance machines* (chest press, chest fly, lateral row, cables pulley machines, leg press, hip adductor, hip abductor, lat pull down, shoulder press, leg extension, hamstring curl, & assisted chin-up)
- Functional Area* (TRX ropes, kettlebells, bosu balls, skipping ropes, steps, slam balls, battle rope, plyo boxes, small free weights)
Junior Gym Induction
Before attending their first junior gym sessions, all juniors must book and attend a junior gym induction. These inductions are conducted by our level 2 qualified Fitness Instructors, in small groups of no more than five people, and last for 30 minutes. During the induction, our Instructors cover all health and safety information about the gym, explain gym etiquette, demonstrate the equipment juniors are permitted to use during the sessions, and show how to use it safely.
Adult & Junior Gym (11-17yrs)
Attention all gym members with children! Do you want to bring your child to the gym for free? Our 'Adult and Junior Gym' sessions let pre-paid adults bring a child with them for free. The adult must make the reservation and supervise the child at all times. No need to book for juniors, but they must be accompanied by an adult. The sessions are only on Saturdays and Sundays from 2pm to 5pm. Children between 11-17 years old are allowed, and only one child per supervising adult. Please note that the adult is responsible for the child's behavior and safe use of gym equipment. In case of misconduct, both parties may be asked to leave.
Junior Gym classes
Junior fitness classes take place during the Junior gym sessions and are tailored to junior participants. These short 20-30 minute fitness classes are led by our level 2 qualified Fitness Instructors and take place on the gym floor during the afternoon junior gym times. Fitness classes will include:
- Strength and Conditioning - Strengthen and condition your whole body in one of our Junior Strength & Conditioning classes. These classes are a combination of strength and conditioning activities that could include Circuit Training and Body Conditioning in one class
- Cardio - Get your heart pumping and increase your energy levels in one of our Junior Cardio classes. These classes are fast-paced with high energy activities which could include HIIT and Step Aerobics in one class
Classes are available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4:00-4:30.BOOK NOW
JUNIOR FOOTBALL DROP IN SESSIONS
If you're a young football enthusiast, you might want to try out drop in football.Every Tuesday from 17:00 to 18:00, you can book a weekly game at the Botwell Green Sports and Leisure Centre. It is an opportunity to make new friends while enjoying the sport, regardless of your experience level.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING TO DROP IN FOOTBALL
To participate in walking football, simply wear comfortable sports clothing and trainers or football boots. Although it is not necessary, you may bring goals gloves or shin pads if you have them.