Kensington and Chelsea residents aged 55 years and older can represent their borough at the Better Club Games, a multi-games competition held in the London 2012 Olympic venues.
The main Games is held on Thursday 19th September, 9am-5pm, at Copper Box Arena and London Aquatics Centre in the Olympic Park, Strafford. Competitors can enter one of the following sports:
- Badminton - mixed doubles
- Darts - teams of 4 (6 can be nominated)
- Dominoes - 3 pairs
- Short Mat Bowls - teams of 4 (6 can be nominated)
- Short Tennis - mixed pairs
- Table Tennis - mixed pairs
- Timed Cycle - 2-6 individuals (at least 1 male and 1 female)
- Timed Swim - 2-6 individuals (at least 1 male and 1 female)
We are also hosting competitions in Walking Football and Walking Netball on Friday 13th September, 10am-4pm, at Ferndale Community Sports Centre in Brixton.
- Walking Football - 5 aside, mixed gender (maximum 10 players)
- Walking Netball - 7 aside, mixed gender (maximum 10 players)
With this competition being on a different day, participants can enter a walking event (Friday 13th) as well as a sporting event in the Olympic Park (Thursday 19th).
Entry costs £3.50 in which you will also receive a team t-shirt, event medal, and refreshments.
Please email email@example.com by Monday 2nd September if you are interested in competing in any of these events.