Advice in the Community, Every Monday 9am - 12.30pm
- Discuss your concerns and issues with an adviser from the Citizens Advice Lincoln and Lindsey team. They offer free, impartial, independent and confidential advice on a range of topics including Benefits, Housing and Debt.
Messy Morning – Every Monday, 10.30am – 11.30am
- Enjoy the creativity of messy play with your child without the mess in your home! For babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers
Databank Surgery - Every Monday and Friday, 2pm - 3pm
- Collect your data voucher as part of the National Databank initiative for those experiencing digital hardship. Find out more here https://www.better.org.uk/library/lincolnshire/lincoln-central-library/news/lincolnshire-libraries-battle-digital-exclusion-with-free-sim-card-scheme
Rhyme Time - Every Wednesday, 10.30am – 11.30am
- Join us for Rhyme Time, sing songs, recite rhymes & create crafts. For babies, toddlers and pre-schooler
Lego Coding Club- Every Wednesday, term time only, 4pm-4.45pm
- Build stories from your imagination and then bring them to life by learning to code with LEGO!
Connect over a Cuppa - Every Thursday, 10.30am – 11.30am
- Reconnect with your local community and have a catch-up with others over a cuppa and biscuit. All refreshments provided.
Family History Help - Every Thursday, 11am-12pm
- Find out about your family history using the resources available in our archives and online databases. Booking Necessary.
Craft Club for Adults - Every Thursday, 2pm-3pm
- Relax, socialise and share your story through the things you make. Bring along a craft project to get along with while enjoying a complimentary tea or coffee in a warm and welcoming environment.
Sensory Play- Every Friday 10.30am-11.30am, term time only
- Come and join our sensory play session for babies and pre-walkers.
Learn My Way - Every Friday, 2pm – 3pm
- Join our free basic IT beginner’s course. Advance booking with staff is advisable.
Crafty Saturdays – Every Saturday 10am-1pm
- A weekly craft for children of all ages.
Lego Club - Every Saturday, 10am – 3pm
- A place for children aged 5 and upwards to use their imagination and build their own world using LEGO.
We have a range of gifts, toys, jewellery, handbags and cards for sale at Lincoln Central Library. Come and browse, be inspired and find the perfect something for someone special.
Events not to be missed
Write Note- Saturday 2nd December, 12pm-2pm
- Free monthly open mic session without the microphones! Acoustics of all styles and listeners welcome.
Meet the Guide Dogs- Thursday 7th December, 10am-12.30pm
- Join our furry special guests from the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association and their minders for a meet and greet and an opportunity to purchase Christmas cards and gifts to support this valuable charity.
Festive Craft Workshop- Thursday 7th December, 11.30am-1.30pm
- Join a free informal creative session for adults and make festive decorations using repurposed books. Refreshments available.
Festive Fun- Saturday 16th December, 10am-2pm
- Come along for a festive morning in aid of Lincoln Community Larder. Try your luck on our Tombola,“ Wine or No Wine” and “The Tin Game” to have a chance of winning some great prizes.
Mince pies, coffee, tea & fruit squash for sale.
Christmas craft activities & story times for children.
(Suggested donation of 25p a go on the tombola, but bring along a food donation for the Community Larder if you prefer-see below).
Sustainable Gift wrapping- Saturday 16th December, 10am-12pm
Join Lincoln Sustainable Fashion Forum for sustainable gift wrapping, part of the Lincoln Central Library’s Festive Festive Fun event. They'll have newspaper, recycled paper, fabric scraps, and other sustainable materials (as well as a helping hand!) to wrap your holiday gifts. Get your wrapping done early and eco-friendly this year!
What's On in the Gallery
- Tuesday 5th- Friday 8th December- University of Lincoln Sports and Society Poster Exhibition
- Monday 11th December- Saturday 30th December- Lincoln Camera Club Photographic Exhibition
Lincoln Community Larder Collection Point
We are delighted to be a collection point for Lincoln Community larder, https://lincolnlarder.co.uk/ . Nobody should have to choose between heating and eating. You can help make sure that no-one has to, by donating food. Lincoln Community Larder gratefully accepts:
- Tins of: Fruit, Rice Pudding, Tuna, Meats (e.g. stews, meatballs, curries), Hot Dogs, Peas, Carrots, Sweetcorn, Tomatoes.
- ‘Weetabix’ or own brand equivalent, other breakfast cereals
- Instant Coffee (small jars)
- Sugar (250g packs)
- Jam, Marmalade or Lemon Curd
- Pasta sauces
- Semi-skimmed UHT milk
- Instant Mashed Potato
- Puddings, Jellies, ‘Angel Delight’
- Toiletries: We are happy to take soap, shampoo, shower gel, disposable razors, and deodorants, handy packs of tissues, toothbrushes, toothpaste and sanitary items.
For more information about any of our events and activities please speak to a member of staff, call 01522 782010 or email Lincoln_Library@gll.org or follow us @Lincslibraries on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.