From term time fun to school holiday fun, we’ve got great activities for the kids to get involved in.
Ideal for young people starting out in Athletics, you’ll get a chance to take part in a range of activities on the same track as some of the world’s greatest athletes. Develop your skills in sprints and hurdles, jumps, throws and relays.
For information on how our lessons are structured visit Better Lessons and Courses
6 - 8 years - Available term time only
- Monday: 16:30 - 17:45
- Friday: 16:30 - 17:45
- Saturday 09:00 - 10:15 & 10:30 - 11:45
8 - 12 years - Available term time only
- Tuesday: 16:30 - 17:45
- Thursday: 16:30 - 17:75
- Saturday: 9:00 - 10:15 & 10:30 - 11:45
12 - 16 years - Available term time only
- Monday: 18:00 - 19:30
- Thursday: 18:00 - 19:30
- Friday: 18:00 - 19:30
- Parents aren't required to stay on site during the academy session unless they wish too.
- We recommend bringing a refillable water bottle – there’s a water fountain available to top up if required.
- Each child should wear suitable clothing for athletics sports similar to PE kit. Sensible footwear such as trainers are a must.
- Please note if you arrive more than 15 minutes late, we may not be able to admit you into the session. If you are going to be more than 15 minutes late please call ahead and we will advise you what to do.
Our Star Track camp offers budding athletes the chance to receive expert tuition in a range of skills for all the different types of athletics disciplines...from hurdles to high jumps, sprints to javelin.
You'll discover and develop skills in all field and track sports. The final day will see you put your skills to the test with our Star Track competition day!
Age: 6 - 12 years
Timings: 09.00 - 15.00
Additional camp information
- Parents aren't required to stay on site during the camp unless they wish too. Day four is a competition and parents are invited to come and watch.
- All children should bring a packed lunch – we ask you to avoid bringing nuts to the venue due to potential allergies.
- We recommend bringing a refillable water bottle – there’s a water fountain available to top up during the day.
- Each child should wear suitable clothing for athletics sports similar to PE kit. Sensible footwear such as trainers are a must. (No football boots)
- Dependent on the weather, some sports will be outside so bring appropriate outdoor clothing such as a jacket and sun hat. Sun cream isn't provided so please bring this as well.
Get set for an athletic fest of activity during our Minithon competitions. This event is ideal for those who have a passion for a range of athletic disciplines. It's a great opportunity to showcase their skills and compete at their best.
What is the Minithon?
We like to think of the Minthon as a mini Olympics and as a place where children can come and compete in athletics and have fun at the same time. Over the years, the Minithon has been a place where children have enjoyed their first taste of athletics. It's also been the breeding ground of Olympic stars and some of the athletes you see on TV today whom first started competing in this very place. More importantly than that, those who participate often stay in the sport for years to come and be part of the Athletics Community.
Price: £18.00 per child*
School years: Year 3 - Year 7
Next Competition date: Saturday 9th December 2023
- Saturday 21st October 2023 - Results Below.
- Saturday 9th December 2023- Available to book now!
- Saturday 23rd March 2024