Are you looking to get the most out of your training?
World Indoor Championship Bronze Medallist Joanne Ryan who trains six times a week at Lee Valley Athletics Centre, shares her top tips and tricks to ensure you smash every training session.
- Fuelling my body in the right way- depending on what time of the day I do my training session, it’s important that I fuel my body for the session. I think it’s very important to have a hearty breakfast, lunch and dinner which include proteins, carbohydrates and good fats.
- Hydration- this is very important before, during and after a session, I always make sure during reps I drink small amounts of water,
- Warm Up and Warm Down- this is very important part of my training, throughout my career I know that to get the best out of my session, my body needs to be warm and I need to get my body ready to train. I also like to warm up to music so selecting the right playlist is important. After training you just want to get home, but warming down after a session is just as important as warming up, even if it’s gentle strides, or a jog with some gentle stretching.
- Mind Set- Mental toughness training plays a key role, you need to go to every session with a positive mind set, and believe you will achieve your goal in every session.
- Rest- this is very important and you should make sure sleep is part of your regular training schedule. Sleep is important for athletic performance.
Also have fun and enjoy what you do!