Last updated 3rd September 2020
Library services in Bromley have started to re-open. In the initial phase, the following locations have re-opened to the public:
- Beckenham Library
- Biggin Hill Memorial Library
- Bromley Central Library
- Burnt Ash Library
- Chislehurst Library
- Hayes Library
- Mottingham Library
- Orpington Library
- Penge Library
- Petts Wood Library
- Shortlands Library
- St Pauls Cray Library
- Southborough Library
- West Wickham Library
Bromley Historic Collections will be offering appointments on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Appointments are for a maximum of 2 hours and will take place from 10.30am – 12.30pm and 2pm – 4pm and must be booked – please contact email@example.com or 020 3931 0906
The opening hours for each location may have changed, so it’s important to check your local library page by clicking on the location name above.
To ensure your visit is as safe and comfortable as possible, we have the following services available:
- Browse and borrow
- Library Takeaway: Call or email with your interests, or reserve items online and we will pack and have a selection of items ready for you to collect.
- Computer Use: Access a limited number of computers for pre-booked 30 minute sessions
- Returns: Drop off borrowed items for quarantining
Your experience may look and feel a little different than usual, but as always, our team will be there to guide you through. You will notice the following changes:
- Some services and activities will be unavailable, including print newspapers, magazines, and study and seating areas.
- All room bookings, study spaces, events and programmes such as children’s story time sessions and book clubs, remain suspended until further notice.
- Our social media programmes will continue, as will access to our online resources including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, online newspapers and learning resources. View our online resources here.
- To meet the government guidelines for gathering limits and social distancing, entry into each of our libraries will be limited, depending on the size of each location.
- Strict hygiene and social distancing rules will be in place, including time limits on library visits and a concierge at the door to manage visitor numbers.
- You are required to wear a face covering if you’re visitng a library
Click the button below for more information about our safety procedures and frequently asked questions.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our libraries and we thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we all adapt to these new ways of operating.
Not a Bromley library member? Sign up online.