Last updated 10th August 2020
All libraries are currently open from 10am to 2.30pm on their normal weekday opening days and on Saturdays.
To ensure your visit is as safe and comfortable as possible, we have the following services available:
- Library Takeaway: Call or email with your interests, or reserve items online via the library catalogue and we will pack and have a selection of items ready for you to collect.
- Computer Use: Access a limited number of computers for pre-booked 30 minute sessions
- Browse and borrow: Select and borrow your own books from a range of adult and children’s titles on display in the library
Your experience may look and feel a little different than usual, but as always, our team will be there to guide you through. You will notice the following changes:
- Browsing and self-service borrowing is available. Numbers will be managed to allow for social distancing of staff and customers, and to allow for the cleaning of self-service equipment
- Some services and activities will be unavailable, including, print newspapers, magazines, and study and seating areas.
- All room bookings, study spaces, events and programmes such as children’s story time sessions and book clubs, remain suspended until further notice.
- Our social media programmes will continue, as will access to our online resources including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, online newspapers and learning resources. View our online resources here.
- To meet the government guidelines for gathering limits and social distancing, entry into each of our libraries will be limited, depending on the size of each location.
- Strict hygiene and social distancing rules will be in place, including time limits on library visits and a concierge at the door to manage visitor numbers.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times in the library.
Click the button below for more information about our safety procedures and frequently asked questions.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our libraries and we thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we all adapt to these new ways of operating.
Not a Wandsworth library member? Sign up online.