Dance Barnet brings the first pan disability dance project to be delivered in the borough, which aims to give disabled people aged 11 and over access to inclusive and fun dance opportunities.
Delivered in partnership with Saracens Foundation and Step Change Studios the project will compromise of three interrelated elements:
- Inclusive dance sessions.
- Dance provider training – increasing confidence within the sector to offer inclusive dance opportunities.
- Celebration event in true Strictly style (more info to be released soon).
The project has already launched its FREE community dance sessions in partnership with Saracens Foundation:
- Mondays, 17:30 – 18:30 at StoneX Stadium for participants aged 11 – 17 years
- Wednesdays, 13:00 – 14:00 at New Barnet Leisure Centre for participants aged 18+
Through the power of dance, these sessions aim to improve physical and mental health, improve cognitive and communication skills, teach participants basic dance skills and techniques. What’s more, participants will get the chance to work towards a variety of exciting opportunities including match day performances and the Dance Barnet celebration event.
Parents and carers are also offered a free weekly respite service during the sessions with access to refreshments and a space to relax or interact with others.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Please watch this page for more information about the exciting opportunities offered via Dance Barnet as the project gains pace.