Want to update your digital skills? Or thinking about a career in IT?
Bromley Libraries have teamed up with Cisco Networking Academy to offer 8 introductory online IT e-courses entirely free of charge. Study at your own pace, whether at home, or at your local library. Use your smartphone, tablet or PC to study, or visit a library to use our computers for free. There's no time limit for completing the courses and you can sign up for as many as you like, in any order you like.
You'll find the available courses listed below. Each course has a final assessment which you can complete if you wish. If you don’t want to take the final assessment, we recommend you do the quizzes to get some feedback on your learning.
- Get Connected: Introduces you to basic computer and Internet navigation skills. [Beginner, 30 hours]
- Introduction to the Internet of Things (IoT): Provides an overview of key concepts and challenges related to digital transformation. Please note, this course requires you to download and install Cisco Packet Tracer software and is therefore not available on library computers. [Beginner, 20 hours]
- Introduction to Cybersecurity: Explore the broad topic of cybersecurity in a way that matters to you. [Beginner, 15 hours]
- Introduction to Packet Tracer: A course designed for beginners with no prior networking knowledge to understand the basics of this network simulation tool. Please note, this course requires you to download and install Cisco Packet Tracer software and is therefore not available on library computers. [Beginner, 10 hours]
- Cybersecurity Essentials: Continues from Introduction to Cybersecurity; develops foundational understanding of cybersecurity and how it relates to information and network security. Please note, this course requires you to download and install Cisco Packet Tracer software and is therefore not available on library computers. [Intermediate, 30 hours]
- Entrepreneurship: Uses interactive, online case studies to show how to apply network technology skills to start a business or advance your career. [Intermediate, 15 hours]
- NDG Linux Unhatched: Linux for Beginners: a short course covering the basics of Linux software installation and configuration, and introducing the Linux command line. [Beginner, 8 hours]
- NDG Linux Essentials: An intermediate Linux course designed for learners who are beginning to build their Linux knowledge for a career in IT. [Intermediate, 70 hours]
We recommend the use of Firefox or Chrome browsers.
Privacy Statement: Cisco stores data in the US and in other countries. To find out more, read their privacy statement.