RYA Powerboat Courses
Our course focuses on low speed close quarters boat handling, man overboard recovery, an introduction to driving at planing speed and collision regulations.
Adult RYA Powerboat Level 2
2 Days - £299 (includes log book & photo certificate, upon completion). 3 students to 1 instructor.
- Saturday 18th June & Sunday 19th June 2022 - 9.30 to 16.30
- Saturday 2nd July & Sunday 8th July 2022 - 9.30 to 16.30
- Saturday 16th July & Sunday 17th July 2022 - 9.30 to 16.30
Youth RYA Powerboating
Level 1 (1 day) & Level 2 (2 days) courses available on request
Marine Radio SRC/VHF Course
This course is completed on-line through the RYA portal. Once you have completed the course and feel ready to take the exam, you then sit an exam in our classroom at Stanborough.
£67 for on-line course; includes RYA handbook (fee payable to the centre)
£60 exam fee (payable directly to the RYA)
To arrange your course access and to enquire about available exam dates
Frequently Asked Questions
Is safety cover provided?
On water safety cover is provided by our qualified team during every watersports session at Stanborough.
What should I bring with me?
- A passport size photo of yourself for your Powerboat Licence
- Soft soled sturdy shoes; old trainers, wet shoes or crocs are best, no sandals or flip flops
- A complete change of clothing:
- Sun hat, sun cream and water bottle on warmer days
- Layers of lightweight clothing to be worn under a wetsuit on colder days
- A lightweight waterproof jacket
- A towel
- If you wear glasses you will need a strap to keep them secure
Do I need to wear a wetsuit?
Wetsuits and buoyancy aids are supplied by us; you are welcome to wear your own wetsuit if you prefer. Wetsuits are optional in hot weather.
Is there anywhere to change and leave my belongings?
We have changing rooms and hot showers for your comfort & convenience.
A non-secure bag drop area will be available outside so please avoid bringing any valuable items with you.
Do courses still go ahead when it rains?
Yes, all courses and sessions still go ahead during the rain. Sessions will only be cancelled in cases of dangerous environmental conditions (i.e. lightning storms, serious fog).
A reduced parking rate is available for Adults taking part in booked activities; please speak to our team on arrival before paying for your parking.