Brand New Soft Play Coming Soon to Kensington Leisure Centre
In partnership with Kensington & Chelsea Council, we’re pleased to announce refurbishment work is about to begin at Kensington Leisure Centre to develop the existing café area into a soft play for children aged 10 and under.
Works are due to begin in June, with a view to opening in time for the Summer Holidays 2022.
Within the design, we aim to develop a number of areas of particular educational play. These include:
- Motor Skills
- Gross & Locomotor skills can be coordinated to suit the level of ability depending on age range.
- Decision Making
- Multiple choice routes through the play system and decision-based challenges or puzzles.
- Co-operation & Teamwork
- Promoting co-operative play through joint activity products - i.e. taking turns & helping each other
- Puzzle Solving
- Encouraging lateral thinking using puzzles and riddles in conjunction with each other.
- Spatial Awareness
- Enhancing the experience of spatial awareness through illusion - i.e. reflections, light, sound & spinning, rotation.
- Sensory Stimulation
- Stimulating the senses using sound, light, touch & movement
- Exploration & Discovery
- Stimulating curiosity & exploration through a 3-dimensional maze - ways up, down, across & underneath.
- Imagination & Theming
- Triggering the imagination & drama through play
- WOW, Features!
- Extra special features that introduce the WOW reaction & high levels of excitement!
The 2-tier structured permanent soft play structure will be open 7 days a week and will consist of
- ball pools
- climbing areas
- sensory features
- A dedicated under 3s area toddler’s area
The café will remain serving a variety of hot and cold drinks and snacks but will be relocated closer to the main reception area.
We have worked closely with the design team to ensure the exciting new soft play provides enhanced opportunities for little ones to play, learn and grow with specific features to improve gross motor skills, trigger imagination and role-play, solve puzzles and stimulate the senses for a well-rounded play experience – and of course, lots of fun!
We will also be introducing Birthday Parties which will range from Soft Play to Swimming Pool Parties. Party guests will have one hour of activity followed by 45 minutes in your own private party room where we will serve your food – all freshly catered on-site.
We will be keeping you up to date with the building progress, so make sure you check our website & social media channels for updates.
Kensington Leisure Centre boasts a vast array of facilities, including a 120 station Gym, Fitness Studios, Multi-Court Sports Hall, Squash Courts, and Spa Experience. There is also a range of junior sports courses for children to enrol on.