Last updated June 2022
As a charitable social enterprise, we care about the communities we serve.
Our customers and people are at the heart of everything we do, and that’s why we’re committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for everyone. We believe that by creating, supporting and developing an inclusive and positive culture, we can continue to break down barriers and be a true leader in creating opportunity for all.
We stand against discrimination and social exclusion, we respect and celebrate everyone’s unique differences and believe that:
Everyone in our community should have access our services without discrimination or prejudice due to age, disability, gender, gender binary, trans gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief and social / economic status.
Our values will be lived each and every day with our customers, colleagues and partners to create safe and respectful environments.
GLL is commited to action through:
- Raising social value across a range of measures including educational and employment opportunity, health and wellbeing in the communities where we operate and reporting this annually
- Upholding the requirements of the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) and the Equality Act 2010 including those for protected characteristics
- Promoting equality and diversity within our communities and in line with local authority partners’ strategies.
- Ensuring our activity programmes reflect the diversity and needs each unique local community
- Providing affordable activities and, in partnership with local authority partners, concessions to ensure cost is not a barrier to participation
- Providing, where reasonably practicable, building accessibility and specialist equipment
- Communicating effectively with a diverse audience and reflecting this diversity in our marketing material, social media, website accessibility and building signage
- Ensuring our website and customer information is as accessible as possible for all our customers. Our website is built using W3C valid HTML 4 and CSS. All pages can be viewed as a graphic page and text only page (by using the links at the bottom of each page). We aim to meet or exceed the standards listed in W3C/WAI Level 'AA' guidelines
- Publishing documents in Welsh in accordance with the Welsh First language requirements in Wales
- Listening to both our staff and customers to implement change to remove barriers to participation including:
- Being a Dementia Friendly organization
- Installing Poolpod independent access for swimmers with mobility issues
- Training staff to be sensitive to the special needs of any customer in promoting participation and access
- Consulting staff and customers on changes to services to consider the impact of our decisions
- Publishing and providing an effective Complaints Procedure that allows for satisfactory resolution
- Monitoring customer participation and feedback to identify and develop opportunities for continuous improvement
- Developing a workforce which reflects the diversity of our customer base.
- Promoting and upholding our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy with our workforce by delivering awareness training for our managers and colleagues
- Adopting Real Living Wage across all our locations
- Monitoring and publishing of our Gender Pay Gap Report in line with legal requirements and any subsequent requirements that come from E&D legislation.Recent analysis confirms GLL does not discriminate against women in the remuneration of our employees