At Better, we’re all about helping our members achieve their goals. Whether you're dipping your feet in the pool for the first time, thinking of trying something new or looking to develop your skills to the highest level, we offer a huge range of quality lessons and courses suitable for all ages and levels. These range from swimming to sporting activities such as tennis, gymnastics and athletics. Find more details on each courses below. Lessons and courses rules apply.
Stay motivated with our quality coaching and guidance.
Train in athletics at Better with new challenges every time. With over 300 young athletes taking part each week in our progressive athletics programme, we offer a wide range of courses for all levels of ability and taught by highly qualified staff.
In partnership with the London School of Basketball, Better offers children from 5 to 11 years old the chance to take their basketball skills to the next level with highly trained coaches.
Choose amongst over 100 affordable weekly football lessons for 18 months to 12 years old children. Our programs are taught by qualified coaches that put fun at the heart of learning.
At Better, you can enjoy a wide range of gymnastics courses for all ages and abilities. We currently provide lessons and courses to over 6000 gymnastics every week and have a Gymnastics Club for those wanting to train in Competitive Gymnastics disciplines.
Fitness, balance and strength - these are all the skills you could improve while learning ice skating. Whether you'd like to come with friends or by yourself, book your session to go from level 1 to 8 and enjoy a program based on the National Ice Skating Association structure. Lessons available for children as young as 3, up to adults of any age.
Get trained in IT to learn basic computer skills. Our accredited training centre at Battersea library will teach you how to use a computer efficiently for you to know how to do tasks the quicker way.
Check out our performing arts classes. From Ballet to Tap, Jazz, Street, Contemporary, Creative Dance, we have a wide range of courses available for all. Our DBS checked staff proudly teach everyone, from little ones to adults and complete beginners to professionals.
We are the largest provider of swimming lessons in the UK providing quality teaching to more than 100,000 swimmers of all ages and abilities. Our friendly, experienced and qualified teachers follow the Amateur Swimming Association's National Learn to Swim Teaching Plan to help you learn to swim, improve your stoke or try something new through our aquatic skill programmes.
As the largest and fastest growing public provider of tennis lessons in the UK, Better offers quality tennis lessons which follow the latest Lawn Tennis Association guidelines and are delivered by licensed and registered LTA coaches. Across the country we help over 2000 people of all ages learn how to play and improve their game.
Learn to dive with the Tom Daley Academy. Whether you're a beginner swimmer or elite level diver, our program will teach you valuable skills all the way for a clear progression. The course is available for all ages and a holiday camp is also in place for your kids' half-term holidays.
Our lessons are delivered on a rolling programme that allows pupils to join at any stage and progress at their own pace. For those who want to progress quickly, one-to-one lessons are available, as well as intensive holiday short courses which take place during the school holidays. Our lessons operate for 50 weeks of the year with a short break over the Christmas period.
When you book a Better lesson or course, you can track you or your child's progress using our online progress tracking tool; Home Portal. It's easy to set up and allows you to access information and updates on the go.
- Record of achievement - clear and regular updates on progress, including achievements and areas for improvement
- Book and pay online - pre-plan and skip the queue, allowing you to go straight to your lesson. Dates and times (subject to availability) all available online
- One account for multiple children - perfect for schools and families
As part of the conditions of entry onto Lessons and Courses - it is imperative that you read and understand the following rules.
- Swim School Specific - Pupils under the age of 16 must be handed over to the care of the teacher at the designated Swim School meeting point prior to the lesson. At the end of the lesson the guardian must be at the same point to collect their children from the teacher. Meeting points are identified by a clear board stating SWIM SCHOOL MEETING POINT.
- Members with a active swim school membership are entitled to attend free swimming sessions within the area the membership was originally purchased at (Home club). This is to encourage members to participate in additional swimming.
- Please note free swimming sessions include all 'Swim For ...' sessions, please check pool timetable for session before attending'. Premium priced sessions like Aqua Splash (inflatable sessions) are not included.
- Pupils under the age of 16 that are late must be delivered by the guardian directly to the teacher / coach on poolside or within the sport hall/studio/outdoor pitch area of the activity.
- Membership cards must be used or shown at reception to gain access
to every lesson. The membership card is issued to you by a member of staff at reception upon your first visit.
- Please note spectators can only view lessons from designated areas.
- Pupils must be appropriately dressed for the activity they are undertaking.
- Customers will be required to abide by the Centre and pool rules on display at each Leisure Centre reception.
- Under 8s are not allowed to be left unaccompanied in the centre at any time. Guardians must remain in the centre during the lesson.
- For customers who have booked onto Trampoline please ensure pupils wear socks to the lessons.
- For Gymnastic lessons pupils are expected to attend their lessons in the appropriate attire which is: Leotard or tracksuits/shorts/leggings and t-shirt (not baggy), Bare feet or gym shoes, Long hair must be tied up, No jewellery (including stud earrings).
- We recommend all pupils where suitable clothing and attire for the activity. This is includes no jewellery.
- Photography and the use of video is not allowed at any Better Leisure Centre.
- Lessons and Courses operate over a set number of delivery weeks across the year, these can vary depending on the centre and courses.
Payments are based on the following:
- Annual payments - Cost per lessons x delivery week per year
- Direct Debit - Cost per lessons x delivery week / 12 months
- Block payments - Cost per lessons x the number of credits
In order to understand the delivery weeks for your opted course please contact your centre directly for more information.
Customers purchasing a block of vouchers (use of 1:1 or 2:1 lessons) are required to use the block of vouchers within 12 month of the purchase date. Any remaining vouchers after this point will not be accepted.