Better Sports Lessons and Courses for You
At Better, we’re all about helping our members achieve their goals. Whether you're dipping your feet in the pool for the first time, thinking of trying something new or looking to develop your skills to the highest level, we offer a huge range of quality lessons and courses suitable for all ages and levels. These range from swimming to sporting activities such as tennis, gymnastics and athletics. Find more details on each courses below. Lessons and courses rules apply.
Our Lessons and Courses programme offers two types of course options:
- Continuous courses – Continuous courses run throughout the year and break during scheduled closures, such as seasonal holiday periods (this is dependent of the activity). When making a booking you will be advised of any dates which lessons will not operate or you will be notified in advance of any breaks in service.
- Fixed end date courses – Fixed end date courses have a start and end date. This normally refers to our holiday courses or short courses programmes.
Accredited Courses and Coaching
Stay motivated with our quality coaching and guidance.
PROGRESS AT YOUR OWN PACE
Our lessons are delivered on a rolling programme that allows pupils to join at any stage and progress at their own pace. For those who want to progress quickly, one-to-one lessons are available, as well as intensive holiday short courses which take place during the school holidays. Our lessons operate for 50 weeks of the year with a short break over the Christmas period.
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS ONLINE
When you book a Better lesson or course, you can track you or your child's progress using our online progress tracking tool; Home Portal. It's easy to set up and allows you to access information and updates on the go.
- Record of achievement - clear and regular updates on progress, including achievements and areas for improvement
- Book and pay online - pre-plan and skip the queue, allowing you to go straight to your lesson. Dates and times (subject to availability) all available online
- One account for multiple children - perfect for schools and families
LESSONS AND COURSES RULES
As part of the conditions of entry onto Lessons and Courses - it is imperative that you read and understand the following rules.
- Swim School Specific - Pupils under the age of 16 must be handed over to the care of the teacher at the designated Swim School meeting point prior to the lesson. At the end of the lesson the guardian must be at the same point to collect their children from the teacher. Meeting points are identified by a clear board stating SWIM SCHOOL MEETING POINT.
- Members with a active swim school membership are entitled to attend free swimming sessions within the area the membership was originally purchased at (Home club). This is to encourage members to participate in additional swimming.
- Please note free swimming sessions include all 'Swim For ...' sessions, please check pool timetable for session before attending'. Premium priced sessions like Aqua Splash (inflatable sessions) are not included.
- Pupils under the age of 16 that are late must be delivered by the guardian directly to the teacher / coach on poolside or within the sport hall/studio/outdoor pitch area of the activity.
- Membership cards must be used or shown at reception to gain access
to every lesson. The membership card is issued to you by a member of staff at reception upon your first visit.
- Please note spectators can only view lessons from designated areas.
- Pupils must be appropriately dressed for the activity they are undertaking.
- Customers will be required to abide by the Centre and pool rules on display at each Leisure Centre reception.
- Under 8s are not allowed to be left unaccompanied in the centre at any time. Guardians must remain in the centre during the lesson.
- For customers who have booked onto Trampoline please ensure pupils wear socks to the lessons.
- For Gymnastic lessons pupils are expected to attend their lessons in the appropriate attire which is: Leotard or tracksuits/shorts/leggings and t-shirt (not baggy), Bare feet or gym shoes, Long hair must be tied up, No jewellery (including stud earrings).
- We recommend all pupils where suitable clothing and attire for the activity. This is includes no jewellery.
- Photography and the use of video is not allowed at any Better Leisure Centre.
- Lessons and Courses operate over a set number of delivery weeks across the year, these can vary depending on the centre and courses.
Payments are based on the following:
- Annual payments - Cost per lessons x delivery week per year
- Direct Debit - Cost per lessons x delivery week / 12 months
- Block payments - Cost per lessons x the number of credits
In order to understand the delivery weeks for your opted course please contact your centre directly for more information.
Customers purchasing a block of vouchers (use of 1:1 or 2:1 lessons) are required to use the block of vouchers within 12 month of the purchase date. Any remaining vouchers after this point will not be accepted.