Stay motivated with our quality coaching and guidance.
- Highly qualified coaches to support you and ensure you're on the right track to achieving your goals
- Many of our programmes are accredited by National Governing bodies including the Amateur Swimming Association, Lawn Tennis Association and British Gymnastics.
When you book a Better lesson or course, you can track you or your child's progress using our online progress tracking tool; Home Portal. It's easy to set up and allows you to access information and updates on the go.
- Record of achievement - clear and regular updates on progress, including achievements and areas for improvement
- Book and pay online - pre-plan and skip the queue, allowing you to go straight to your lesson. Dates and times (subject to availability) all available online
- One account for multiple children - perfect for schools and families
Our lessons are delivered on a rolling programme that allows pupils to join at any stage and progress at their own pace. For those who want to progress quickly, one-to-one lessons are available, as well as intensive holiday short courses which take place during the school holidays. Our lessons operate for 50 weeks of the year with a short break over the Christmas period.
As a social enterprise, any surplus we make now and in the future goes back in to the service as you are buying in to an ethical company.
Our Better Lessons and Courses offer the perfect opportunity to try a new sport, make new friends and have some fun.
We are the largest provider of swimming lessons in the UK providing quality swimming lessons to more than 100,000 swimmers of all ages and abilities. Our friendly, experienced and qualified teachers follow the Amateur Swimming Association's National Learn to Swim Teaching Plan to help you learn to swim, improve your stoke or try something new through our aquatic skill programmes. We support all swimmers to progress and take the plunge, whatever your age or ability with a fully inclusive programme suitable for all age groups.
Better are the largest and fastest growing public provider of tennis lessons in the UK. All of our tennis lessons follow the latest Lawn Tennis Association guidelines and are delivered by licensed and registered LTA coaches. Across the country we help over 2000 people of all ages learn how to play and improve their game. So whether you’re aiming to be the next Wimbledon champion, or keen to learn a new sport, our affordable tennis lessons are perfect for adults and juniors of all abilities.
We have a wide range of gymnastics courses for all ages and abilities and currently provide lessons and courses to over 6000 gymnastics every week.
As part of the conditions of entry onto Lessons and Courses - it is imperative that you read and understand the following rules.
- Swim School Specific - Pupils under the age of 16 must be handed over to the care of the teacher at the designated Swim School meeting point prior to the lesson. At the end of the lesson the guardian must be at the same point to collect their children from the teacher. Meeting points are identified by a clear board stating SWIM SCHOOL MEETING POINT.
- Pupils under the age of 16 that are late must be delivered by the guardian directly to the teacher / coach on poolside or within the sport hall/studio/outdoor pitch area of the activity.
- Membership cards must be used or shown at reception to gain access
to every lesson. The membership card is issued to you by a member of staff at reception upon your first visit.
- Please note spectators can only view lessons from designated areas.
- Pupils must be appropriately dressed for the activity they are undertaking.
- Customers will be required to abide by the Centre and pool rules on display at each Leisure Centre reception.
- Under 8s are not allowed to be left unaccompanied in the centre at any time. Guardians must remain in the centre during the lesson.
- For customers who have booked onto Trampoline please ensure pupils wear socks to the lessons.
- For Gymnastic lessons pupils are expected to attend their lessons in the appropriate attire which is: Leotard or tracksuits/shorts/leggings and t-shirt (not baggy), Bare feet or gym shoes, Long hair must be tied up, No jewellery (including stud earrings).
- We recommend all pupils where suitable clothing and attire for the activity. This is includes no jewellery.
- Photography and the use of video is not allowed at any Better Leisure Centre.
- Lessons and Courses operate over a set number of delivery weeks across the year, these can vary depending on the centre and courses.
Payments are based on the following:
- Annual payments - Cost per lessons x delivery week per year
- Direct Debit - Cost per lessons x delivery week / 12 months
- Block payments - Cost per lessons x the number of credits
In order to understand the delivery weeks for your opted course please contact your centre directly for more information.