HEALTHWISE: PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REFERRAL SCHEME (PARS)
The Healthwise 12 week Physical Activity Referral Scheme introduces individuals to the benefits of physical activity in order to help reduce risk factors for chronic disease and manage existing medical conditions.
This scheme is currently delivered across Donyngs, Horley and Tadworth Leisure Centres. For details on how to obtain a referral and register as a Healthwise member at any of these Centres, please see the below information.
Who Is PARS For?
- The programme is available for Reigate & Banstead residents/ patients
- It is designed to assist people who are currently inactive with medical conditions or other specialist requirements that may be a barrier to accessing mainstream activity in Leisure Centres
Common reasons for referral:-
- High blood pressure
- Circulatory/Respiratory diseases
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Depression and anxiety
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- OTAGO/Falls Prevention
What activities are available?
PARS provides members with a wide range of classes and exercise options to suit all abilities. A qualified GP Referral Instructor can help select suitable classes tailored to an individual’s medical conditions and needs. A physical activity programme may include some of the following:
- Gym-based sessions
- Group exercise options
- Water-based exercise
How can the Better Health Team support?
The Better Health Team can:
- Assess and monitor progress, providing suitable physical activity for your condition
- Motivate and encourage you during your activity programme to achieve your goals
- Advise you on how to exercise safely and with confidence
- Provide assistance to exercise independently
- Provide support and answer your questions
What Membership Options are Available?
The Healthy Living Membership provides access to the Gym, Pool and Classes for a monthly or annual fee, obtainable for previously sedentary individuals who have a medical condition(s).
You can choose from the following options: pay-as-you-go, monthly direct debit or upfront annual payments. Current prices are available on request.
How to apply
If you are interested in PARS, please speak to your GP or Practice Nurse who will authorise your request. Once they have provided you with a completed referral form, please telephone or e-mail the Programme Co-ordinator to arrange your first appointment at either Donyngs, Horley or Tadworth Leisure Centre