This week, national sports and leisure body ukactive published a report indicating customer confidence in the leisure sector is returning in Covid times.
The report said that National Fitness Day 2020, was the biggest ever in terms of participation.
Better supported National Fitness Day 2020 (23 September) with a number of activities across the UK.
Customers of all ages, backgrounds and abilities came together to celebrate the fun of fitness, the power of physical activity and the positive effect it can have making our lives better.
Better offered 46 free live classes - ranging from Zumba, Yoga to Body Conditioning.
There were free online classes too and fitness challenges held locally in various partnerships.
Over 600 took part in Better's exercise classes alone.
ukactive's report confirmed it was the most successful National Fitness Day to date:
• 19.1 Million people inspired to be physical active on National Fitness Day
• 8.7 Million children reported to be active on the day (included in the above number)
• 23.4 Million total social media reach across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
• 29.15 Million total media reach across TV, Radio, Print and Online.
• Over 2,500+ free activities across the UK held both in person and virtually.
You can read more from ukactive here: https://www.ukactive.com/news/
Better will support ukactive building on the success of National Fitness Day 2020 in next year's activity campaigns which include Great British Week of Sport, National Fitness Day and the upcoming This Girl Can.
Congratulations to all our customers who got active to support National Fitness Day 2020 and make it the most successful ever.