Swimming is a great way to have fun and get healthy, whatever your age or level of ability.
Swim for Fun
At Better, we believe that swimming should be fun and exciting for all the family. That's why you'll find a wide range of fun swim sessions at LIsnasharragh Leisure Centre.
Help us keep your pool clean
- Shower thoroughly from ‘top to toe’ with soap before entering the pool to remove deodorant, cosmetics and perspiration
- Use the toilet facilities before your swim and remember to wash your hands thoroughly with soap
- Babies should wear tight-fitting waterproof baby trunks whilst swimming rather than nappies
- Please dispose of nappies, trunks and sanitary products in the bins provided
- Do not swim if you have consumed a meal within the last two hours
- Never swim if you have consumed alcohol or are under the influence of drugs
- Do not swim if you are currently suffering from a cold or flu
- Do not swim if you have suffered from food poisoning or diarrhoea within the last 14 days
Swim for Fitness
If you're looking for a low-impact way to get fit and healthy, swimming could be the perfect choice and whatever your fitness level, age or ability, you'll be sure to find a session at Barnet Copthall Leisure Centre.
Lanes are divided into slow (60s-90s), medium(30s-60s) or fast(0s-30s) and managed by the lifeguards on duty to ensure you have a pleasant swim.
- Slow swimmers 60 seconds-90 seconds per length
- Medium swimmers 30 seconds-60 seconds per length
- Fast swimmers 0 seconds-30 seconds per length
Please note this may vary slightly due to swimming abilities