Cambridge Ice Rink is a cashless facility.
The use of cash by our customers has declined significantly over recent years with more and more people booking online and using credit or debit cards.
We are confident that this move will improve customer service by reducing queues at reception and eliminating the potential for cash thefts.
Move to cashless transactions: Frequently asked questions
1. How can I book to use a session, a lesson or course?
You can pay by credit or debit card. You can do this online via our website, by phone or in person at our reception desk.
2. Can I pay by cheque?
No, do not be accepting payment by cheque.
3. Can I purchase gift cards in centre?
Yes, gift cards will be available in centre.
4. I don’t have a credit or debit card. What should I do?
Please speak to the centre for help and advice on the options available to you.
5. I am confused about these changes, who can I speak to for help and advice? Please call or email us for help and advice on these changes. You can also speak to a member of our team on your next visit and they'll be happy to help you.
6. My children don’t have credit or debit cards and usually pay with cash. How can they continue to use the facilities?You can pay for your child’s visit by card in advance online or by phone. Alternatively, we have partnered with nimbl, a pre-paid debit card and smartphone app with unique parental controls, helping children aged 8-18 learn how to spend and save responsibly. More information can be found by visiting: https://nimbl.com/how-it-works
7. I would like to set up a nimbl account but have questions about this. Where can I go for help?
You can find out more information by visiting nimbl’s website https://nimbl.com. If you need any further help, feel free to contact team nimbl at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02476 994 000
For for information on Cashless you can view our FAQs. Click on the link below and scroll to the bottom of the page to our Cashless Payment in Centres