In partnership with Allerdale Borough Council, we are pleased to let you know that we're investing £180,000 to improve the gym at Better, Keswick Leisure Pool.
The project will begin on Monday 29th October 2018, and will last approximately 8 weeks. It will include:
- Refurbishment of the existing gym including new flooring, lighting, ceiling grid and repairs to the existing roof
- Brand new Technogym CV and strength equipment
- Improved audio visual equipment including new TV screens and improved music system
- Decoration to give a fresh look and feel
Whilst we undertake the refurbishment, there will be some disruptions at the centre that you need to be aware of:
TEMPORARY GYM CLOSURE
From Monday 29th October and for the duration of the project, the gym will be temporarily closed. Group Cycle classes will not be scheduled during this time. All gym members will automatically be given a free upgrade to our county wide Cumbria Card membership, with access to every gym, swimming pool and group fitness classes at any Better leisure centre across Cumbria until the end of 2018 - even if the project is completed earlier. The following centres are included in your upgrade:
- Cockermouth Leisure Centre, Castlegate Drive, Cockermouth, CA13 9JR
- Workington Leisure Centre, Griffin Lane, Workington, CA14 2DX
- The Sands Centre, Newmarket Road, Carlisle, CA1 1JQ
- The Pools Swimming & Health Centre, James Street, Carlisle, CA2 5AH
- Trinity Leisure Centre, Strand Road, Carlisle, CA1 1JB
- Morton Leisure Centre, Wigton Road, Carlisle, CA2 6LB
- Whitehaven Sports Centre, Flatt Walks, Whitehaven, CA28 7RJ
- Copeland Pool & Fitness Centre, Cleator Moor Road, Whitehaven, CA28 8RW
- Penrith Leisure Centre, Southend Road, Penrith, CA11 8JH
- Appleby Leisure Centre, Chapel Street, Appleby, CA16 6QR
- Ulverston Leisure Centre, Priory Road, Ulverston, LA12 9HT
- Kendal Leisure Centre, Burton Road, Kendal, LA9 7HX
If for any reason you are unable to take advantage of the membership upgrade please contact reception at Keswick Leisure Pool to discuss freezing your membership until we reopen the gym.
SWIMMING & SWIM SCHOOL
The swimming pool and swim school programme will not be affected by the project and will be open as normal throughout.
MEMBERSHIP PRICING REVIEW
Following the refurbishment, gym membership pricing will be reviewed. Existing gym members will retain their current price for the next 12 months if their membership remains active or frozen throughout the development. Any member who cancels and then re-joins following the refurbishment, will be subject to any new membership and joining fees.
We will look to keep disruption to a minimum during the work and promise it will be worth the wait. Please note, all dates are subject to change, so please check the centre webpage for progress and updates, or ask a member of staff on your next visit. We will do our best to minimise the closure time of the actual gym itself and will work hard with our contractors to reopen as soon as possible.
Should you have any queries, please speak to a member of the team at Better, Keswick Leisure Pool
Martin Horne Partnership Manager, Allerdale
P.S. Remember as a not-for-profit charitable social enterprise, we never take a profit. Every penny of surplus we make is re-invested back into our facilities for the benefit of everyone in your local community.